• Software
  • Any Metaphysical Function fans here?
2017/11/03 17:40:02
synkrotron
I use Metaphysical Function for drones, mainly.

I don't bother with the sample section that much.

Today I decided that I would attempt to create a SONAR track template and capture my favourite MF settings automation lanes to save me the bother of having to create the lanes in a new project and going through the pain of finding each assignment. I use 26 automation lanes and the naming convention in Reaktor isn't great, to be honest.

Then I discover that a track template doesn't store automation lanes... So that's that plan in the can.

No worries... I have created a "Reaktor MF" CWP file instead, with just Reaktor MF in there, with all those automation lanes, nice named and ready to go. So long as I remember to start off with this project first, do a "save copy as," and then add other stuff as required.

If there are any Reaktor Metaphysical Function fans here that would like a copy of this CWP file, let me know and I will upload it to my website for download.

I'm using Reaktor 6 on latest Sonar Platinum.

Here is a screenshot:-

(right click on the image and select "open image in new tab" to see the full size image)

cheers

andy
2017/11/05 12:25:58
Brando
I've only ever used Metaphysical Function sparsely and as ear candy - essentially sound effects. I am intrigued by your use of 26 automation lanes specific for MF. I think this was a ploy to get me to listen to your music (JK). Of course I had to listen. Really nice, beautiful stuff.
Although I don't see a current use for it, for what I do - I would love to see the CWP if you would be kind enough to share it.
Thanks for posting this - and for the offer to share.
Cheers

2017/11/05 13:20:47
synkrotron
Hi Mike,

I've sent you a PM with a link.

Let me know, either here or PM, how you get on.

As you know, then, Metaphysical Function is a noise generator, so, from the moment you insert it it makes a noise.

I am currently working on some drone stuff, so MF is perfect for that. I use the automations to alter settings in MF, rather than using the recorded automations within MF, which I do not like.

I could have added more, but I think, for my use, 26 is enough

Thanks for sampling some of my stuff... Not your every day stuff, for sure

cheers

andy
2017/11/05 15:27:00
Fleer
Misread the title. I'm into metaphysics alright.
2017/11/05 15:56:22
synkrotron
Fleer
Misread the title. I'm into metaphysics alright.

As in https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics ?

Or the Reaktor ensemble?
2017/11/05 16:02:56
Fleer
It's a job like another 
2017/11/05 16:38:51
Brando
Many thanks Andy.
Looking forward to checking it out as soon as I get the chance.
Very generous of you.
2017/11/05 18:26:10
synkrotron
Brando
Many thanks Andy.
Looking forward to checking it out as soon as I get the chance.
Very generous of you.

No Probs! Nice to know that, even if you end up not using it, at least it has sparked a bit of interest
2017/11/07 05:31:55
sharke
Have you tried the new updated Metaphysical Function? It's called Metaphysical Fabrications and has some cool new features like the ability to send MIDI to the Resochord module, which I've had great fun with. 
2017/11/07 06:14:20
synkrotron
sharke
Have you tried the new updated Metaphysical Function? It's called Metaphysical Fabrications and has some cool new features like the ability to send MIDI to the Resochord module, which I've had great fun with. 

Fantastic James! Thanks for the heads-up on that one.

There are so many ensembles created for Reaktor by the community that I don't really bother keeping up. But I am going to download this now and see what it can do.

Thanks again,

andy
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account