2017/11/04 18:58:34
AndyB01
This is probably as polarised as an Apple vs Windows question, but having many had a mix of modelled and sampled piano synths over the years I was in the market for a new one and stumbled on Pianoteq. I only went for the Stage version as I don't really need the additional features in other versions. I have to say that - for a modelled piano sound - I'm pretty impressed.

All of which got me wondering - what piano VSTs do others use?

Andy
2017/11/04 19:25:51
Fleer
2017/11/04 20:51:49
bitflipper
I use sampled pianos exclusively, while I wait for modeled pianos to catch up.

They're getting there.
2017/11/05 11:21:13
AndyB01
Just seen the other thread doh - didn't mean to start a parallel discussion. Sorry peeps
2017/11/07 06:01:27
Leee
I started the other thread....great minds think alike!
The topic started for me when someone mentioned PianoTeq (a modeled piano)
Up until that point I only had sampled piano plugins.  And had thought sampled instruments were superior.
But after doing some Googling, I found out that this is not always the case.
I still prefer Superior Drummer 3 (sampled drums @ 320GB) to any modeled drum software, but PianoTeq seems to be better than most of the sampled pianos I have.
2017/11/07 06:53:29
AndyB01
I agree, Pianoteq is one of the the most stunning virtual instruments I think I've ever heard. I am seriously impressed with it. It knocks all my other piano synths out of the park. That said, I've not compared it with the likes of Ivory II which is supposed to be a first rate sampled piano. Andy
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account