2015/03/20 11:30:55
dubdisciple
I hate to be the  guy who suggests features/plug-ins Iike in other DAWs, but I do find this handy in Logic. I have a student that has a horrible habit of tracking a verse and then tracking other verses on different days, sometimes weeks apart. The inconsistency in things as slight as mic placement differences from last session results in variations between verses that are a pain to manually bring closer sounding alike. At some point I will pull the trigger on something like MAutodynamicEQ that has this feature, but I find myself wishing for an in the box solution.
2015/03/20 12:52:31
stevec
As in analysis > match between tracks, similar to Ozone (not familiar with Logic)?

2015/03/20 13:00:11
dubdisciple
stevec
As in analysis > match between tracks, similar to Ozone (not familiar with Logic)?

I don't  have ozone (aside from the version that comes with Sound Forge) but I heard that it is similar.  It's certainly not the miracle instant mastering BS fed to us by products like Har-bal, but it can be useful for situations like I described.
2015/03/20 18:18:23
stevec
Close enough... voted!

2015/03/21 17:58:35
dubdisciple
Thanks!
2015/03/21 19:30:58
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
dubdisciple
... horrible habit of tracking a verse and then tracking other verses on different days, sometimes weeks apart. The inconsistency in things as slight as mic placement differences from last session results in variations between verses ...

This feature is available in plugins like FabFilter EQ2, so I understand that some users would like to have it in Sonar and not having to pay for extra plugins ...

Yet, I consider this a very "specific" feature and I think it is actually intended for other applications ... EQ can never fix performance. If verses don't match, you have to re-record ...
2015/03/21 19:58:16
dubdisciple
FreeFlyBertl
dubdisciple
... horrible habit of tracking a verse and then tracking other verses on different days, sometimes weeks apart. The inconsistency in things as slight as mic placement differences from last session results in variations between verses ...

This feature is available in plugins like FabFilter EQ2, so I understand that some users would like to have it in Sonar and not having to pay for extra plugins ...

Yet, I consider this a very "specific" feature and I think it is actually intended for other applications ... EQ can never fix performance. If verses don't match, you have to re-record ...

Let me be clear that i don't think this is an urgent feature by any stretch of the imagination.  This is a bonus type feature and in no way reflects that I think Sonar would be lacking without it.  In this particular case, the person has re-recorded and re-re-re-recorded and it still sounds highly different than the verse he recorded a month ago. Who knows what is causing a the slight, but obvious difference. This plugin has other uses and is often used by people in mastering to emulate commercial recordings (at least in theory)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account