• Features & Ideas
  • Show Clip Properties Inspector only when the clip is selected
2015/03/21 08:53:17
icontakt
I use the Clip Properties Inspector a lot. What I always find a little irritating is that I have to click the lit-up Clip tab at the top or hit Shift+I to hide the pane every time I want to use the useful features hidden behind the pane (Input Quantize, etc). Why not have the pane appear only when the clip is actually selected (meaning it will automatically disappear when you deselect the clip)?
2015/03/21 12:47:43
stevec
Big ole +5 from me.  

I also use the Clip Properties tab fairly often, and would love an option for it to only display when a clip is selected and then have TI revert back to the previous state.

2015/03/21 13:23:13
brundlefly
I like it, but I think it would need to be an option as Steve suggests. Otherwise it will cause confusion with the uninitiated wondering why selecting the Clip tab does nothing (or it can't even be selected) when no clip is selected. As it is currently, you can kind deduce that no values are shown because nothing is selected; this happens to me all the time when I just want to rename a clip in a track that has focus but with nothing selected.

2015/03/21 21:05:49
icontakt
Thanks both. Yep, I'm only suggesting the most important part for me and allowing the developers to think about how to implement it perfectly. Personally, I prefer a floated (undocked) Clip Properties Inspector (which should appear by right-clicking or something) because clip properties are for clips and have nothing to do with things that are displayed in the Inspector pane (which displays tracks and buses, not clips).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account