• Software
  • Sampled vs. Modeled Instruments: A personal revelation (p.3)
2017/11/04 01:58:15
Leee
bapu
eph221
gswitz
People who think they know it all really annoy those of us who do.

How arrogant.

Only someone who thinks he knows it would say that.

I never assume to know it all, but am always pleasantly surprised when my previous assumptions turn out to be wrong (such as this sampled vs. modeled comparison).  Which tells me that I don't know as much as I think I do.

But learning about new plugins and virtual instruments equals spending more money.  And as it stands right now, if all my virtual instruments were the "real thing", I could probably fill a small warehouse of instruments and efx units.

2017/11/04 05:54:59
Fleer
Pianoteq Blüthner, GG-Audio Blue3 and AAS Lounge Lizard 4, all models made in heaven.
2017/11/04 06:05:32
Leee
Fleer
Pianoteq Blüthner, GG-Audio Blue3 and AAS Lounge Lizard 4, all models made in heaven.

I'm going to be buying PianoTeq soon, but it's a tough decision on what packs to get.
I do like the Bluthner piano, but also like the K2 pack.
I also like many of the other non-acoustic piano packs like the Electric Vintage Tines.
Any suggestions on which packs I should start off with?

(And I already have Blue3 and Lounge Lizard, love them both)
2017/11/04 07:03:15
Fleer
I chose the Electrics pack (Vintage Tines and Hohners) with Pianoteq Standard and added Blüthner plus Steinway D. The electrics are sublime models and I consider Blüthner to be the warmest grand they have. It’s authorized by Blüthner as are the Steinway models (by Steinway of course). Also check the (authorized) Grotrian and the Steinway B. Finally, the K2 is an imaginary concoction but a very good one at that.
2017/11/04 07:18:13
Leee
Fleer
I chose the Electrics pack (Vintage Tines and Hohners) with Pianoteq Standard and added Blüthner plus Steinway D. The electrics are sublime models and I consider Blüthner to be the warmest grand they have. It’s authorized by Blüthner as are the Steinway models (by Steinway of course). Also check the (authorized) Grotrian and the Steinway B. Finally, the K2 is an imaginary concoction but a very good one at that.

Good choices, thanks.  And yeah, I read that the K2 is not a real piano, but I think it's one of the best sounding packs.  Everyone has different tastes on how they like their pianos to sound.  And the K2 pack has a clear, crisp tone.  It's great for rock songs.
2017/11/04 07:33:37
Fleer
Then also look into the Yamaha (even though it’s not authorized). All pianos have been optimized for Pianoteq 6.
2017/11/04 15:09:33
sharke
I have a modeled violin in Reaktor somewhere that sounds better than most violin samples I own. I also find myself using Prism for stringed instrument sounds more often than using samples. I don't know if they sound more "authentic" so much as that they have more presence due to the fact that you're not losing anything in the sound through deficiencies in the the recording technique. The whole mic part of the chain has been bypassed so you get a much cleaner sound that makes the instrument sound more solid.
2017/11/05 07:17:27
Leee
Fleer
Then also look into the Yamaha (even though it’s not authorized). All pianos have been optimized for Pianoteq 6.

Are you saying there's a Yamaha modeled piano in there?  What's the pack called?
2017/11/05 10:21:55
bitflipper
That would probably be the one they call the YC5 Rock Piano, which they describe as a "well-known Japanese grand". What else could they be referring to? The AKAI isn't exactly a rock 'n roll staple.
2017/11/05 15:25:17
Fleer
Bit is right (as ever so often).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account