2015/03/08 22:18:03
Susan G
Hi-

It's nice to have a Custom Module, but I'd like to see a much easier way to assign commands to the buttons. It's crazy-making to have to scroll through that unsorted, uncategorized and very long menu each time. I'd also like to be able to assign a CAL script, for example, or an already-assigned keybinding. REAPER handles this very elegantly, IMO.

A context-sensitive Custom Module would be nice as well, so we could change the button assignments depending on the view.

Thanks-

-Susan
2015/03/08 22:25:24
Brando
Agree Susan - great ideas
2015/03/09 05:50:42
KPerry
How about being able to assign to a button via the keybindings menu then, so that it can all be done in one place?
2015/03/09 07:21:38
BobF
Context-sensitive custom is an awesome idea!
2015/03/09 17:08:00
stickman393
Susan -
I've been told by Cakewalk - Noel.B if I recall correctly - that the command selection implementation in the custom module is temporary / interim; and we will see a better one in a future update.
2015/03/09 21:33:53
lawajava
KPerry
How about being able to assign to a button via the keybindings menu then, so that it can all be done in one place?

Great idea! That would be slick.
2015/03/10 22:06:53
Susan G
stickman393
Susan -
I've been told by Cakewalk - Noel.B if I recall correctly - that the command selection implementation in the custom module is temporary / interim; and we will see a better one in a future update.

Hi Colin-

That's good to hear. Thanks!

-Susan
2015/03/10 22:13:21
Susan G
KPerry

Hi Kevin-

Yes! It makes sense to consolidate the keybindings and Custom Module menus, IMO.

Thanks-

-Susan

2015/03/11 07:41:23
lfm
Yes, custom module now appear as half-baked toolbar - no icons etc.

It need not be in place - make a proper dialog and categories etc.

And the compact view is cool - if having a popup toolbar there - even better.
2015/03/11 15:09:39
stevec
lfm
Yes, custom module now appear as half-baked toolbar - no icons etc.

It need not be in place - make a proper dialog and categories etc.

And the compact view is cool - if having a popup toolbar there - even better.

That is one of the advantages of this new membership...   we get the new stuff now, knowing that it'll be tweaked as the year goes on.  Personally, I would not have wanted to wait a few months for the current version only for some of these enhancements - I've already used it way to often to make an in-store return.   

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account