• Features & Ideas
  • The abilty to time stretch mulitple clips at once.....please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015/03/09 10:06:18
PJH
The ability to select say 8 clips and stretch them simultaneously would save me a ridiculous amount of time.

Been asking for this since SONAR 4.

Cheers.
2015/03/09 11:23:49
Jyri T.
Maybe this would be a good solution:

I would very much like to see a new feature, which I call Conjoin Clips for the lack of a better term. It would make parallel audio clips on separate lanes/tracks to act like one when it comes to any sync-related editing.

Say, if you stretch or Audio Snap any of the conjoined clips, they all will stretch the same. This way you don't have to worry about sync and phase issues.
2015/03/09 11:51:45
PJH
Jyri T.
Maybe this would be a good solution:

I would very much like to see a new feature, which I call Conjoin Clips for the lack of a better term. It would make parallel audio clips on separate lanes/tracks to act like one when it comes to any sync-related editing.

Say, if you stretch or Audio Snap any of the conjoined clips, they all will stretch the same. This way you don't have to worry about sync and phase issues.

The way I manage to do it (retaining synch and phase issues) is to "create a selection" thus grouping all the drum tracks together, splicing, moving and cutting. I then have the laborious task of stretching one at a time because SONAR will only allow one clip to be stretched at a time.

I have tried Audiosnap but I have to say that for serious drum editing (8 - 12 tracks) it cannot cope. The way I've been doing mine is pretty accurate and works well. It would take such a lot of work out of it if I could just select all the tracks and stretch them the same amount.

I hear what you're saying and your idea would work. I'm just not sure that you could "separate" those joined clips again once they've been worked on as a whole.
2015/03/10 05:35:52
Jyri T.
PJH

I'm just not sure that you could "separate" those joined clips again once they've been worked on as a whole.

Bounce to clips, perhaps?
2015/03/10 06:52:57
PJH
Jyri T.
PJH
I'm just not sure that you could "separate" those joined clips again once they've been worked on as a whole.

Bounce to clips, perhaps?

I think that "bounce to clips" would merge it into a single clip.

I'd still want all the separate drum tracks in order to do final mix.
2015/03/10 07:06:37
stevec
So you just want Ctrl+Slip Edit (or AS) to honor clip grouping?    Makes sense to me.
2015/03/10 08:15:32
Jyri T.
PJH

I think that "bounce to clips" would merge it into a single clip.

Bouncing will keep clips separate if they are on different tracks.
2015/03/10 09:14:36
PJH
stevec
So you just want Ctrl+Slip Edit (or AS) to honor clip grouping?    Makes sense to me.

Yes. Absolutely.

At the moment I have to Ctrl+Slip Edit each track separately. I'd want to group the tracks together and then Ctrl+Slip Edit the whole group at once.

It doesn't seem like I'm asking a lot but as the request seems to have been ignored for about 6 years, maybe it is a lot to ask in terms of programming.
2015/03/10 12:00:02
stevec
Gotcha.   Combining the power+simplicity of Ctrl+Slip Edit with a multi-tracked performance seems like a win-win to me!
2015/03/11 08:19:06
PJH
stevec
Gotcha.   Combining the power+simplicity of Ctrl+Slip Edit with a multi-tracked performance seems like a win-win to me!

Well lets hope they listen this time, Steve.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account