2011/06/25 17:21:32
mcdonalk
I am about to migrate from my old XP machine to a new W7 64-bit machine.

When installing Dim Pro and Rapture on my old machine originally, I remember that I had to wrestle with the registry so that I could make them work with sample libraries which were in another location on my system instead of the default location.

Now that I am migrating to the new PC, how can I install these two instruments so that I can determine where the sample libraries will be installed?

thanks

Keith

2011/06/26 13:26:26
S.Wallis
I can't remember off the top of my head whether you have to select custom install of whether you can select the locations by default, but if you select to perform a custom install, then you can decide where you want everything installed.

There's 3 locations to select - one for the program (stand alone app, and resources (such as pictures etc...). Another is to select the VST folder where you want the plug-in installed, and finally, you select where you want library (or multisamples) to be installed.
2011/06/26 13:30:46
Metaphasic
Or are you talking about re-organizing the patches? If not, use above, if so, simply go into the folder where they are kept once it is installed, then move them around, creating folders of your own if you want. Then go into the Patch Browser and hit F5 to refresh things. It'll pick up the new layout. As long as it all stems from the installation patch root, all should be good.
2011/06/26 18:56:56
Kev999
Some info can be found here, although I am not sure if it will be different in W7.

In the case of Rapture, the sample library is so small that is hardly worth the bother of moving it.
2012/08/12 13:04:36
mcdonalk
After a year, I am getting back to this. I completed my migration to W7 64 a long time ago. However, I still cannot figure out how to get Dimension Pro to map to its multisamples directory, which I have on another drive. In the registry, there is no "contents folder" or "multisamples folder" entry like there is for Rapture. I was able to get Rapture to correctly map just fine by editing its registry entries. Any advice?
2012/08/12 13:51:43
timswartz
Hi Keith,

The Dimension registry settings for Windows 64 bit are located in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software. Select the folder of the Dimension version you are running - ie Dimension Pro for V1.2 and dp or Dimension 1.5. The multisamples string can modified to point to the new Multisamples location.

Best Regards,

Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2012/09/17 12:07:48
lightninrick
timswartz

Hi Keith,

The Dimension registry settings for Windows 64 bit are located in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software. Select the folder of the Dimension version you are running - ie Dimension Pro for V1.2 and dp or Dimension 1.5. The multisamples string can modified to point to the new Multisamples location.

Best Regards,

Tim

Tim, I'm trying to install the HD strings now (on Win XP 32 bit), and my registry is pointing directly to my external hard drive, where the multisamples folder is located.  But the installer insists on putting the samples on my C: drive, which doesn't have enough space to handle the load.  So how do I get the installer to read the registry, or ask me where to put the stuff?

2012/09/17 13:11:43
timswartz
Hi Keith,

We are in the process of reworking the Dimension installers. We are checking for multiple registry configurations, but are missing a few and in some cases, writing an exta folder on C:\. Our install genius Chad is working it out.
In the mean time, please go to www.DigitalSoundFactory.com and use the contact form to send us your email. We will send you the Program and Multisamples folders (no installer) and you can manually copy the files.

Best Regards,
Tim

2012/09/29 14:25:21
Keni
timswartz

Hi Keith,

We are in the process of reworking the Dimension installers. We are checking for multiple registry configurations, but are missing a few and in some cases, writing an exta folder on C:\. Our install genius Chad is working it out.
In the mean time, please go to www.DigitalSoundFactory.com and use the contact form to send us your email. We will send you the Program and Multisamples folders (no installer) and you can manually copy the files.

Best Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim...

I'm having this kind of problem installing the Mo Phatt disk...

I've checked my registry entries for dp and they point to the (correct) x64 folder...

When I did they install the multisamples and programs folders got placed in my x86 folder... I then tried to copy/merge those folders into the x64 folders and followed it with a refresh (F5) in dp, but they still don't appear...

The strings had no problem (that I've found yet ;-)...

What do you suggest I try?

Thanks...
Keni

2012/09/29 15:02:51
timswartz
Hi Keni,

Dimension has been updated since the CD's were created and the file locations have changed. After installing from the disc, please move the files to the following locations:

Dimension LE 1.5
 - Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension LE\Multisamples
 - Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension LE\Programs
Dimension Pro 1.5
 - Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples
 - Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

Also, the installer for Symphonic Strings has been updated and appears to be functioning correctly.

Best Regards,
Tim

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account