2012/09/30 09:21:59
MrMook
Tim, I did as described in your post, When I refresh the library and try to load the new samples I get: "Error Uncompressing Program Data - Program Failed to Load".

Any ideas what's up?

Thx.
2012/09/30 20:13:43
timswartz
Hi Dave,

When a program fails to load, Dimension can not find the sfz file associated with the program. First make sure you are running the latest Dimension V1.5.  I have seen this issue running new content on older versions of Dimension. Update the browser  - press F5 while in the brower window. If that does not work, load a program that is working and do a windows search for the sfz used in one of the elements. When you find it, this will be the location you need to put all of your Multisamples folders.

Best Regards,

Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2012/10/09 05:15:44
Tané
Hi Tim I am having the same problem with DimPro not recognizing my multisamples folder for my older DSP libaries of sounds . The Symphonic HD strings Disk I received as a early adopter of X2 installed with no problem. As you said in a previous post it has a more recent installer. I copied my Emu Planet Earth multisamples and program folders from the installed default Programs Files(x86) location and followed your instructions perfectly ie. Dimension Pro 1.5 - Multisamples - C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples - Programs - C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs I then opened DimPro and in the browser pressed f5 and the folder showed up in the libary. When I click on a patch I get the familiar sfz not found. I can see that these folders are in the right place as mentioned above but they are blind to DimPro. I uninstalled X1 and all my previous DSP libaries so I would have a clean install. So the only DSP libary I am trying to have recognized is the Emu Planet Earth. If I can get that one installed correctly I would feel confident with installing all my other DSP libaries. I am using Win7 64bit Any suggestions? Cheers Don
2012/10/09 12:18:09
timswartz
Hi Don,

If you are running the Dimension 32 bit version, the Multisamples should stay in the (x86) folder. If you still can not load programs -  as suggested in a previous post - 
load a program that is working and do a windows search for the sfz used in one of the elements. When you find it, this will be the location you need to put all of your Multisamples folders.

Best Regards,
Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2012/10/17 17:23:03
donald
I have the same problem, but with E-MU Proteus-Mo' Phatt. 
System: Win 7 64-bit, Sonar X1 64-bit, Dim Pro 1.5 64-bit on Dell Precision M4700 i7.

Symphonic HD strings runs fine, but DP won't find the Mo' Phatt sounds. They don't show up in DP after refreshing with F5. I've followed your instructions above and also copied the folders to my default DP multisamples folder on my D-drive. Nothing seems to work. The sounds just wont show up in DP.

The odd thing is that the Mo' Phatt installation creates a \Programs-folder and I can't find any other Dimension Pro Programs-folders anywhere in my system. Still DP runs fine and I can find and play all other sounds in DP apart from the Mo' Phatt library. 

Another odd thing is that the Registry entry you refer to above doesn't include any reference to any multisamples folder on my system. However HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp does include the correct path to my multisamples folder D:\WaveFront\Ljud\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

------
I've found a solution now and naturally I failed to see that the programs folder should be located in the hidden ProgramData folder. When I copied the Mo' Phatt library programs to this location everything worked fine.

However, I think the Dimension Pro installation procedure and its libraries need a serious overhall as it shouldn't be this difficult to install a few new sounds.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account