2012/10/19 19:37:56
mleghorn

The Rapture manual says:

To change the envelope curve to exponential:
1. Display the Amplitude curve for your sample.
2. Highlight the ending node for the segment by holding
the mouse over the node.
3. Press the N key on your keyboard.

I don't understand these steps. Nothing happens when I press the N key. I want the sample to decay gradually after I release a note.
2012/10/20 00:47:53
AT
Did you then extend the envelope spline?

@
2012/10/20 02:25:20
Kev999

Does the envelope already exist, or are you creating one yourself?

If one of the nodes has a brown vertical line, then this represents the Sustain level.  The section of the curve that follows this controls what happens after Release.  

To create a Sustain node, first create a node the usual way and then hover the mouse pointer over it and press "S".

Hope that makes sense.
2012/10/20 13:05:31
mleghorn
Kev999

Does the envelope already exist, or are you creating one yourself?

If one of the nodes has a brown vertical line, then this represents the Sustain level.  The section of the curve that follows this controls what happens after Release.  

To create a Sustain node, first create a node the usual way and then hover the mouse pointer over it and press "S".

Hope that makes sense.

That worked for me. Thanks!

2012/10/20 18:41:50
Kev999
Also note the the envelope filter in Dimension Pro works the same way.

2012/10/28 14:26:07
swamptooth
if the curves that you are assigning don't work as expected in other patches, take a look at the corresponding sfz file that's loaded into the element. get rid of ampeg_release times (comment them out with //'s) and save as a new sfz. also look for sample start and end times and loop modes.  the sfz specs can be found here... 
http://www.cakewalk.com/DevXchange/article.aspx?aid=108
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account