2012/10/21 18:10:11
JazzSinger
I installed Sonar X2 Producer but it never found DimPro.

So I uninstalled my old version and with the help of scook (thanks) I reinstalled the version that comes with X2 prod, namely version 1.5 - and I chose x64.

If I open it stand-alone, it works and plays (except it always says Error finding midi device), but the problem is, it does not show up in the instruments list!

Rapture is there, both Zetas are there, all my VSTs in my Cakewalk as well as my vsts in c:\ are found, - just not DimPro. And it IS there, in Cakewalk vsts, and the scan path is also correct. And I have rescanned.

Do I need a scan path into each and every instrument subdirectory?
2012/10/27 05:12:47
JazzSinger
In the Sonar VST preferences, click

[Reset All VST Plugins],

then

[Scan VST Folders].

I'm not sure if adding the separate path to DimPro was really necessary, but I did that first.
2012/10/27 06:10:41
scook
You should not need to add "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Dimension Pro" to the scan list. The Plugin Manager scans all directories below any directory in the scan list. "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" should be enough. If it did not scan subdirectories all the CW synths would be missing.

The important thing is that you got DimPro back. I have never tried or noticed the Reset option, guess it is there for a reason.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account