• Software
  • Great quote when it comes to buying plugins. (p.2)
2017/10/25 09:18:08
jerrydf
I'm under the sad delusion that I get better with each plugin I buy.
2017/10/25 10:44:14
synkrotron
jerrydf

Oh dear, because I was thinking the same about myself, and now I will have to re-evaluate that...
2017/10/25 11:01:59
Mesh
synkrotron
jerrydf

Oh dear, because I was thinking the same about myself, and now I will have to re-evaluate that...

Yes, definitely re-evaluate the plugin....there's always a "better" one coming around the corner.
2017/10/26 15:10:34
jude77
Mesh
synkrotron
jerrydf

Yes, definitely re-evaluate the plugin....there's always a "better" one coming around the corner.

Sooooooooooooooo true.  And the new one will be "more authentic, more deeply modeled, more analog" and, of course, expensive.  And, not surprisingly, I will buy it.
2017/10/27 04:32:21
Magic Russ
Amp sim
2017/10/27 12:41:59
dlesaux
Compressor   But, but.. The screws are rusted and some of the paint is chipping off..  
2017/10/27 13:30:52
SmokeyJ628
GB's of Loops
2017/10/31 16:33:35
2:43AM
The fact that so many plugins are available now that do basically the same thing results in our brains receiving that instant-satisfaction chemical dopamine.  We think that we can get better results with another stupid, waste-of-money plugin even if it's cheap.  And the cheaper the better; It's a cheap fix.  But it doesn't do anything more than what we already have.

Can't say that I'm not guilty myself.  I keep track of all of my purchases for music-related stuff, and the sum of all my plugin, software, and DAW purchases over the years has equaled almost HALF of the total I've paid for my hardware synths!

But that one-more-$22-Waves-plugin is so nice.  I gotta have it!  It will help me, I swear it will.  It has "color" and "character."  BS.

EDIT: Yes, it's a bit ranty.  After all, I'm not good enough to hear "color" or "character" in a plugin unless it's smacking me in the face and is quite obvious.
2017/10/31 18:14:56
jude77
2:43AM
The fact that so many plugins are available now that do basically the same thing results in our brains receiving that instant-satisfaction chemical dopamine.  We think that we can get better results with another stupid, waste-of-money plugin even if it's cheap.  And the cheaper the better; It's a cheap fix.  But it doesn't do anything more than what we already have.

Can't say that I'm not guilty myself.  I keep track of all of my purchases for music-related stuff, and the sum of all my plugin, software, and DAW purchases over the years has equaled almost HALF of the total I've paid for my hardware synths!

But that one-more-$22-Waves-plugin is so nice.  I gotta have it!  It will help me, I swear it will.  It has "color" and "character."  BS.

EDIT: Yes, it's a bit ranty.  After all, I'm not good enough to hear "color" or "character" in a plugin unless it's smacking me in the face and is quite obvious.

Ouch!  So true.
2017/10/31 18:25:00
Starise
What I think is really amazing is that with all the plug ins made they still find a way to make tools  no one else has imagined, or they find different ways to make the same tools work better. It never ends, so GAS never ends.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account