2017/10/27 22:55:37
Fleer
Thanks for the info, MR.
2017/10/28 02:22:42
bitflipper
I assume they meant to say "deprecated" rather than "depreciated". It's still appreciated, just not for sale anymore.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't offer some kind of close-out sale. I'd have given them 20 bucks for it, strictly as-is.

2017/10/28 02:30:53
scook
The are selling it at the $99 education discount price. A little much for orphaned software.
2017/10/28 06:52:24
pwalpwal
such a shame, but i suppose it's a better business model producing the instruments they do than that big daddy
2017/10/28 18:12:54
Magic Russ
bitflipper
I assume they meant to say "deprecated" rather than "depreciated". 

Good catch.

I do hope they are coming up with a replacement product.  I understand quite well how much of a mess old code can be to work with, and wouldn't blame them for wanting to start from scratch.
2017/10/28 19:28:16
dmbaer
bitflipper
I assume they meant to say "deprecated" rather than "depreciated".

Well, English is a second language to them (they are French Canadian and French is the language spoken at their office), so I'll cut them some slack on this one. 
2017/10/28 19:33:02
paulo
The optimist in me wanted to believe that there would be a v5 with, if nothing else, a new UI. So much for optimism.

Shame because the existing UI means that I don't use it as much as I probably should. I know it shouldn't matter really but it's hard to look at compared to others.

Hopefully there will be an upgrade path for the replacement. There's that darned optimism showing it's head again.......
2017/10/29 16:17:48
wst3
I love Tassman 4, I'd have liked to see what they did with V5, but I imagine it is not their top seller, and the announcement suggests that the code base has become difficult to manage. Pity!

I've owned it since it was an add-on for Sonar, and cross-grade almost immediately to the full version. It was a remarkable tool, but it was also a resource hog, and it kind of fell by the wayside for a bit. I can't remember exactly which version broke the resource barrier (I think it was 3?) but once it became usable I returned it to its proper place in my plugin menus<G>! It remains part of my template, and about the only reason I can think of to ditch it would be when it stops working - or when AAS introduces a replacement that is worthy.

Don't get me wrong, I use Ultra-Analog and String Studio, and I think their current versions were well thought out improvements on the originals. But nothing quite sounds like Tassman. I hope it works for a long time!

20 years???
2017/10/31 04:53:44
Resonant Serpent
This makes me sad. I really love Tassman, and hope they come out with something comparable. It has a unique flavor of synthesis, and unlike most, I really love the interface.

I've been really nostalgic lately for the early music program and VST scene. There were so many weird and experimental programs and plugs released back then. I feel like that spirit of adventure has run the course, and it's a shame. I spent two days digging through 8 terabytes of backup storage collecting all the weird plugs I used to use. Unfortunately, most of them are 32 bit, so I don't know how well - or even if - they'll run. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account