2012/10/02 15:17:59
xxxsoundxxx
Obviously many X1 included VSTs do not work with my 64 bit install. But I am surprised at how many are excluded or do not work with 64 bit. I am a bit skeptical that it might be another issue. Does anybody have or could point me to a list of exactly which (included with X1) VST's work with 64 and which do not? It just seems like I can use about 35% of what was included. I can troubleshoot from there if necessary. Many of the synths do not open and I want to know if they are supposed to or not. This list would get me there. Or is this one I have to (gulp) contact Cake about.
2012/10/02 15:57:54
dubdisciple
Are you running X1 as administrator? Many of the ones that did not work for me initially worked after i ran as admin.. It may be easier if you list which ones specifically do not open for you
2012/10/02 16:21:30
xxxsoundxxx
  Gosh I hate all the Admin/users sectioning. It is my computer, I don't share it and need all that non asked for crap I wish I could remove it all. Do you mean run the VST as admin or The program X1? How do you do that? I have assumed everything I do was ran as administrator or I would sure like it to. I know I made one work (following forum instructions)by going to the VST setting somewhere and changing it to "run as administrator". If I had a list of which ones work( it's not that big)I would know what i need to troubleshoot. Surely SOMEONE has that list. Thanks!
2012/10/02 17:20:24
dubdisciple
i meantt run X1 as administrator. personally, I just set X1 to always run as administrator. i don't think the list you seek is that large because i think all of the ones that install by default should work. Some have issues with things like presets and maintaining settings, but all that install should launch and work. The only Sonar plugins that have not worked for me have been legacy plugins that I decided to manually install just to see if they worked.
2012/10/02 17:22:32
dubdisciple
Also, i know it can be frustrating when something doesn't launch when you expect it to, but I'm pretty sure it's the admnin thing. i can probably rattle off a partial list, but I am in the process of doing a complete uninstall of X1 so i can do a fresh install of X2
2012/10/02 17:52:47
dubdisciple
I still have not reinstalled, but I looked at the list of installed VSTs and I'm sure these work with 64-bit:

Instruments

Beatscape (works kinda of wonky but the samples are worth using)
Cakewalk Sound Center
Cyclone
Dimension Pro
Dreamstation (this one i'm not sure.  i think i tried once)
DropZone
Pentagon (works but can be wiggy at times)
PSYN II
Rapture
Roland Groove Synth
RXP
Session Drummer 3
SFZ+ Pro works but sometimes acts weird when importing sf2 files
Square I (i booted it up once to see if it weas functional)
Studio Instruments Bass
Studio Instruments Drums
Studio Instruments E-Piano
Studio Instruments Strings
True Pianos
TTS-1
Z3TA+ Classic

Effects

Alias Factor
Classic Phaser
Stereo Compressor/Gate
HF Exciter
ModFilter
Para-Q Parametric EQ
Tempo Delay
Multivoice Chorus
Flanger
Studioverb 2
Boost 11 Peak Limiter
TL-64 Tube Leveler
TS-64 Transient Shaper
Analyst
Bit Meter
Amp Sim
Tape Sim
Pitch Shifter
Channel Tools
Sonitus suite
Perfect Space Convolution Reverb
PX-64 Percussion Strip
VC-64 Vintage Channel
VX-64 Vocal Strip
LP-64 EQ
LP-64 Multiband Compressor
MIDI FX

I tried the old dsp suite once and it did not work.  that is sad because i liked those

Good news if there is something not on the list; most of the 32 bit vsts are redundant.  
2012/10/02 21:45:28
xxxsoundxxx
Thank you I went to the Icon an ran as administrator and I was able to open a bunch more thanks!! A couple open with errors (Z3ta), and cascade a bunch of windows. Shutting them down (if you can) results in a crash. (one of the few instability problems I have encountered with X) This should help narrow down the ones I have problems with. (only a couple now) The Z3TA says "bitmap error or something". Thanks so much.
2012/10/02 21:51:02
scook
z3ta+ should work. You might want to perform a custom install as administrator and reinstall z3ta+.
2012/10/02 22:03:25
xxxsoundxxx
Do you mean re- install the entire program? What crashes: Rapture (bad crash) & Z3TA (cascades windows bitmap recovery not found)??? What fails to load: Dim LE 32 Cake sound center 32 Drop Zone 32 RXP
2012/10/02 22:04:40
xxxsoundxxx
If I thought I had a choice upon install I would think I would have chosen to run as admin. When do you get to pick that??
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account