2012/10/05 13:19:45
Sidroe
Got X2. Had the problem with the Rapture install just like some people. Used the registry fix. Got Rapture 1.2.2 installed. The free expansion packs installer does not see Rapture and quits. Found the .zip files. Unzip and move folders as instructions say. Press F5 to refresh, no new files. I noticed that the program files all have Notion 3 icons by the names. How did that happen? Anyone have a fix or can tell me how to find where my files should be? BTW, I also have Rapture le. Could that be a problem?
2012/10/05 13:33:11
dubdisciple
i suspect that on X2 rapture le and rapture don't play well together.  i ended up deleting all my previous sonar installations (and registry entries) and doing a fresh install.  That cleared up many of the expansion conflict issues i was having
2012/10/05 14:46:40
Sidroe
When you say previous installations you are saying to remove the Rapture le versions, Correct? I'm reading your post as removing all Sonar versions, as in 8.5, X1, X1 Expanded.
2012/10/05 15:03:30
dubdisciple
that's what i did.  I literally wiped my drive of every Sonar related item.  I needed to because i had moved my samples around so much that my registry was all hosed up. Not saying that is your best option since it is very tedious.  I do think having le is somewhat redundant since there is no feature in le that does not exist in the full version.  Since le is a 32-bit product, i suspect the multi-samples install to a different location.  when the expansion pack goes to install it sees two different locations and chooses one.  Maybe try uninstalling the expansion packs and le and then reinstall expansion packs
2012/10/05 15:39:00
scook
Sidroe

Got X2. Had the problem with the Rapture install just like some people. Used the registry fix. Got Rapture 1.2.2 installed. The free expansion packs installer does not see Rapture and quits. Found the .zip files. Unzip and move folders as instructions say. Press F5 to refresh, no new files. I noticed that the program files all have Notion 3 icons by the names. How did that happen? Anyone have a fix or can tell me how to find where my files should be? BTW, I also have Rapture le. Could that be a problem?

The program files have the Notion 3 icon because Notion 3 created an association between the file extension .prog and their icon.

I am guessing you were trying to follow the instructions in http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2114782

The expansion pack 1&2 program folders should be  movved to "c:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs"
The expansion pack 1&2 multisamples folders should be integrated into "c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples"
2012/10/05 20:17:14
chrisharbin
It's happening to me on a fresh install. I had ZERO problems with rapture installing. But can't get the packs to install. Does what the OP says.
2012/10/08 14:57:31
Jeff M.
Same here, too - packs not showing up after F5 refresh in the Rapture browser.

Tried both: 32bit (zips copied to program files (x86)/...), 64bit (zips copied to program files/....)
Full Rapture installed fine (used the recent 1.22 patchfix) and I have LE installed as well.
I opened up a ticket yesterday to see if there's a workaround for X2. 

2012/10/08 17:21:19
scook
Are you guys following the FAQ exactly including the typo caught by twigman? http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2686286
2012/10/08 21:36:37
Jeff M.
Technically, yes.
I copied the whole Programs folder from the zip to the Rapture folder so it created C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs and the 2 expansion pack folders are in there.

Not C:\ProgramData as twigman mentioned since that folder is empty on my machine.
2012/10/08 22:22:42
scook
Jeff M.

Technically, yes.
I copied the whole Programs folder from the zip to the Rapture folder so it created C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs and the 2 expansion pack folders are in there.

Not C:\ProgramData as twigman mentioned since that folder is empty on my machine.

The default location for the Rapture EG, MIDI, Programs, Sample Pool and SG directories is C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture. At least that is where mine was installed (pre X2 Rapture 1.2.2) and it all works for me.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account