2012/10/08 23:01:34
Jeff M.
My laptop is the same - no ProgramData folder in C:, just ProgramFiles.

I'm assuming that would not be an issue, since everything (laptop & DAW) is in that "main" folder in C: - Sonar 8.5.3, X2, Sound Forge, Toontrack stuff, Slate Stuff, Alchemy, vst's etc. and they all work fine.

I don't remember switching any target folders during installs, since I typically go with the defaults for the programs/dlls.

2012/10/08 23:09:26
scook
In Win 7 C:\ProgramData is a hidden directory and Cakewalk installs a lot of stuff in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk.
2012/10/08 23:36:35
Jeff M.
I'll give that a shot and unhide the the folder on the laptop put the stuff in there - no harm in trying that.

Thanks!
2012/10/09 01:01:05
chrisharbin
I'm completely confused.

Rapture is installed correctly. The preset additions will not install. Sorry if I'm being thick, but the instructions I see seem to indicate folders being moved but I'm having a terrible time understanding what that means. I am not having the install issues some have had, it's the preset add-ons.
2012/10/09 01:17:38
scook
Nothing in the original Rapture installation needs to be moved. If you read the sticky FAQ about installing the Rapture Expansion Packs http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2114782 it is the Expansion Pack data that needs to be manually moved to integrate it into your Rapture 1.2.2 installation. What makes the install a little less straight forward is that part of the process requires you to manually move files into a hidden directory.
2012/10/09 15:56:24
chrisharbin
n/m, I got it now. Thank for the help!
2012/10/09 16:05:29
chrisharbin
edit, N/M, I see the .zip stuff now. Ok, we'll do. Sorry for the confusion.
2012/10/09 17:01:36
Sidroe
I still had the problem for a few days until I discovered that Win 7 is hiding the folder where they neede to go. My fix was this:
Locate the Programs folder, copy, and paste into the Rapture folder.
Open Rapture, click on the Save As Icon to open the hidden folders in Rapture. DO NOT MAXIMIZE THE WINDOW!
While that window is open, go back and right click on the expansion folder you want to move and click copy.
Go back to the open window and right click copy into that location.
Repeat for the next expansion folder.
When all is done, close Rapture. Re-open it, click on the library browser, Press F5 to re-scan and it should show your new programs and folders.
I had to fiddle with this for two days to figure it out but it works. I hope it does for you.
The problem is that when you just use Windows to browse the folders in Rapture, the hard drive does not show the folder you need to be in to drag and drop the folders. I'm sure there is an easier way, but I couldn't figure one out. Let me know if it works. I admit it is confusing to read. Try it and if you have no luck I will try to figure out a more in depth way to explain how to do this.
2012/10/09 17:03:27
Sidroe
Sorry, that is paste in "Go Back To The Open Window and Right Click PASTE" Sorry!
2012/10/09 17:27:05
scook
Glad you got is sorted out. The FAQ explaining how to install the Expansion Packs with Rapture v1.2.2 was written in 2010. Now that X2 includes Rapture, it might be time for CW to fix the Expansion Pack installers. Expecting users to deal with hidden directories is not ideal.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account