2015/02/15 20:34:54
icontakt
Will the duplicated clips automatically be linked to the original? What shortcut to use when we don't want them linked?
Shift+D and Ctrl+Alt+D are alreaty used by default, so maybe Ctrl+Shift+D or just Alt+D?
2015/02/15 23:00:02
TomHelvey
Jlien X
Will the duplicated clips automatically be linked to the original? What shortcut to use when we don't want them linked?
Shift+D and Ctrl+Alt+D are alreaty used by default, so maybe Ctrl+Shift+D or just Alt+D?

Normally Ctrl+D does not link clips. That's an implementation detail for Cakewalk to figure out. As long as it does what everyone else does, it's good enough for me.
2015/02/22 17:05:03
soens
After thinking about this, the current ctrl+drag to copy a clip would be as fast or faster than Select; ctrl+D; drag to location.
2015/02/23 12:00:44
TomHelvey
soens
After thinking about this, the current ctrl+drag to copy a clip would be as fast or faster than Select; ctrl+D; drag to location.

Duplicate does not involve dragging. Select; Ctrl-D; done.
2015/02/28 16:32:01
Spencer
Yes. This needs to be implemented yesterday. It should be priority 1. I don't know what priority 1 is right now for the devs and I don't care. Duplicate should be priority 1. End of story.
2015/03/02 17:37:58
soens
TomHelvey
soens

Duplicate does not involve dragging. Select; Ctrl-D; done.

I'm sure there would be times when I'd want it somewhere other than the end of the existing clip, like at the Now Time position as I mentioned before. That would make more sense to me. Otherwise I would be doing a lot of dragging after duping.

You could also have it so coordinates could be set and changed in Preferences, which would also involve more time to set up, but at least you could change it when needed.

If it only duped at the end of it's copied clip it would be rather limiting for me. It's a good feature who's function shouldn't be so limited in my opinion.
2015/03/08 16:51:34
Spencer
bump
2015/03/12 07:20:42
Spencer
this one should be stickied in fact
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account