2014/12/09 11:40:59
spacey
...like the Peterson tuner.

Option to locate on the control bar and when it was "on" would be functioning for the active track.

Title edited for clarity
2014/12/09 12:57:58
stevec
I'm not sure a plugin could be nested in the Control Bar, but I certainly like the idea!

Voted.

2014/12/09 19:25:38
...wicked
I suppose you could put it on a bus, like how the metronome works. Weird, I never thought of that.
2014/12/27 06:58:35
Soundblend
A tuner is needed, that is a basic tool in a DAW , and if they put it in the control Bar it would be awesome.....voted 
2014/12/27 10:59:26
johnnyV
Put up your hand if you play bass or guitar and don't have a tuner! 
I rest my case. 
2014/12/27 18:13:56
Kev999
It's not just about tuning up a guitar before a take. You might need to verify that something already recorded is on pitch. Softsynths that use samples are not always on pitch. Or sometimes you might even want some notes to be sharp or flat by a fixed amount and need to check it.  An onboard tuner is a handy tool.
2015/01/10 16:45:09
brconflict
stevec
I'm not sure a plugin could be nested in the Control Bar, but I certainly like the idea!

Voted.

Perhaps make the Control Bar module appear as a tuner, but in reality is like a whole new hidden track, with one select-able plug-in field (no audio output needed). If you Solo a track, it enables the tuner (plug-in). As soon as you un-Solo the track, the tuner goes away or turns off. Perhaps even the Control Bar module only appears when you click a Solo button.

You could insert ANY one plug-in. Perhaps you want to simply add a special-use meter plug-in that's visible when literally any track is Solo'd, but it's inactive and disabled when all Solo's are off. Benefit being that you don't have to insert one into each track. Win!
2015/01/11 09:26:15
lawp
i would prefer they work on the daw itself tbh, rather than adding things that are already available as plugins /2c
2015/01/12 15:19:44
brconflict
lawp
i would prefer they work on the daw itself tbh, rather than adding things that are already available as plugins /2c

In a sense, it could *default* to one, but if you want to simply use another type meter, you could choose that instead, perhaps. Or a tuner that's always there, much like the now-time, but if you want, you could add another analytical plug-in, perhaps. I do agree, it would be pretty amazing to see a meter in the Control bar that looks  very much like the meter of the 4K Buss compressor, with a few LEDs below it and a tiny digital read-out to show string # or note. Only, in this case, it would be even cooler to light it up like in the Easter egg. :)
2015/01/25 06:40:11
theheliosequence
I would love a simple tuner program that worked. Why not? I know I would definitely use it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account