2015/03/05 10:40:18
Enigmatic
Please create a dedicated HPF, preferably on the channel immediately after the Gain knob in the signal chain and not in the prochannel. It would be helpful to be able to easily create preliminary mix balances as i do with the gain knob and the addition of the HPF knob.

Also Mix recall needs an option to also recall my Gain knob settings when I reset and re-balance my mix.

2015/03/11 12:45:26
Enigmatic
so I take it I'm alone on this then?
2015/03/11 13:05:27
Leadfoot
I can see that being useful. Good idea!
2015/03/11 14:25:38
Bristol_Jonesey
You could always insert the Sonitus EQ as an Fx chain as your first PC module. It has a good HPF and if the default slope isn't steep enough, you can stack more bands.
Include it in your default PC modules
2015/03/11 15:13:04
stevec
Voted - I would like a basic HPF included, leaving the QC for other purposes.  

I'm not sure about the location as it's described in the OP, so I'd setting for first spot in the PC... but that's just me.

2015/03/12 07:48:22
Enigmatic
yeah... I create my initial mix balances in the mixer view using just the gain knob so my faders can stay at zero. I also use HPF at this stage to fit things in. I have a pro channel preset that already has a QC HP roll off and also includes all of my other desired modules that I load up on all of the tracks. But I admit t's a workflow thing where it would be nice to have built in channel HPF roll off just like on a real board immediately after the gain.

I actually remove the Pro channel, FX bin, and send modules from the mixer view when I'm at this mixing stage leaving only the gain, MSR and Meter. even if I don't remove the pro channel module, when I'm in the zone and I have to open up the pro channel then decide if I want to use the QC or save that for later and load up another EQ/Filter. The best way I have found is to put a EQ/Filter in the FX bin and set the pro channel post FX bin but then I loose the immediacy of the pro channel knob. I lock the track inspector to my master fader so I can keep an eye on my master peaks.

slightly picky yes but I thought right after the gain would be a pretty good spot for a dedicated knob. should be a really easy code they can rip it off of the pro channel. one default slope to two i don't care. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account