2017/10/23 21:14:24
soens
ZincTrumpet
- TouchDAW - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.humatic.tdf  You can get a Sonar template here https://www.humatic.de/htools/touchdaw/man_daw.htm#sonar 

Yet another hope dashed!

Stand alone apps usually work great, but as for "controllers" or anything designed to connect to a PC, none have ever worked for me. Windows and Android have really missed the boat on this one.
2017/10/23 22:20:49
jerrydf
Not directly for sound production, but for making music notes on a stave, I find Chaconne useful. It's the best scoring app I've found.

jdf
2017/10/24 08:38:49
ZincTrumpet
Mesh
Good stuff there ZT, thanks!! I appreciate all the links as well.

No probs Mesh. Hope there's something of use in there. 
2017/10/24 08:42:36
ZincTrumpet
abacab
I think if I was going to use a tablet for music, I would probably look around for a deal on iPad.  The audio apps market is really booming for that.

I have a 10" Android, but it doesn't see a lot of use, other than for portable misc computing when my Windows laptop is too bulky.

But these are some good links to check out.  Thanks!

I used to have Android tablets before I got my iPad(s) and the 10" ones worked well as control surfaces using TouchDaw. 
2017/10/24 12:07:10
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
We are releasing our first Android app called Momentum very soon. https://momentum.cakewalk.com/ (It will be called Momentum Music on the Play Store)
It is the ultimate DAW companion since there is a plugin (VST2/VST3/AU/AAX) for the same that you can use in any DAW. The plugin supports bidirectional transfer to and from the DAW as well as host timeline sync.
Its the perfect app to capture ideas on the go or even when rehearsing since you can record anywhere and fly ideas back to the DAW instantaneously. There is nothing out there on Android or iOS that handle back and forth with a DAW this effortlessly.

Coupled with a good USB microphone you can get very good recordings. I use it with an iPad and the Shure MV-88 and the quality is really good. With headphones I am able to input monitor and record with pretty low latency.
2017/10/24 12:25:49
Mesh
Thanks Noel!! Momentum looks very interesting and will definitely check it out.......I'm just not a fan of the subscription model. 
2017/10/24 13:00:14
synkrotron
Mesh
I'm just not a fan of the subscription model. 

Ditto

In fact, I hate it with a passion... Must be my age.

As for Android stuff, I only have a Moto G Gen 3 phone but I installed Caustic, Chord Wheel, DRC, ModSynth, smartChord and TouchDAW just to try out. Can't remember the last time I used any of them to be honest... Probably because a phone screen is just too small...
2017/10/24 13:09:25
Fleer
Here’s to the demise of subscriptions.
2017/10/24 13:13:31
synkrotron
Fleer
Here’s to the demise of subscriptions.

That would be nice, but, whether it's your favourite piece of software or a Sky TV package, the subscription model will be here for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Personally, I blame Readers Digest...
2017/10/24 14:15:33
TheMaartian
Unless they offer a lifetime option, I'll pass.

All I need is to add YAS (Yet Another Subscription) to my current list:

YouTube Red
Slacker Radio
XM Radio
MS Office 365
Amazon Prime
4 personal web sites (all ad-free)

Those are just the ones I can remember this early in the morning.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account