2017/10/24 14:35:18
ZincTrumpet
+inf re the subscription options.

Lifetime option would also be my choice provided the cost wasn't too silly.
2017/10/24 15:07:34
Mesh
For me, the phone is a very handy tool to get an idea quickly down (when I'm not at the DAW), and a tool like Momentum looks very useful. However, if I had to subscribe to this when the subscription price for Sonar Artist is the same, this becomes practically useless. I would definitely consider buying it outright for a reasonable price, but to subscribe? I don't think it's happening.

I suppose some of the pro's might find good value in it.....I just can't justify subscribing it for my needs.

2017/10/24 15:16:21
TheMaartian
My other concern is that this sounds like you HAVE to be online to use it, like the MasterWriter v3 update (which I also passed on). I do NOT want my content ONLY in the cloud. Sharing is one thing. Holding my content hostage is another.

Je passerai.
2017/10/24 15:18:28
synkrotron
Existing Sonar owners should get Momentum for free... Just sayin...
2017/10/24 15:26:59
Mesh

2017/10/24 16:30:45
TerraSin
synkrotron
Existing Sonar owners should get Momentum for free... Just sayin...

That would be quite nice.
2017/10/24 17:07:02
bdickens
I'd just like to be able to control the transport remotely for playback & recording. One of these days I just know I'm gonna trip over a cymbal stand & simultaneously sprain my ankle & put a China through my snare head.
2017/10/25 01:38:07
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Momentum was released today. Please check it out at http://momentum.cakewalk.com/
Its free to download and try all flavors of the multi-platform app and the plugin.

After you try it I hope you will agree that there is nothing out there that can match the ease at which you can capture ideas on the go and then recall them instantly on any device or your favorite DAW without putzing with file sharing services and transferring files and folders back and forth. This is all managed transparently through Momentum Cloud Sync, which manages uploads and downloads in the background as you work. And yes we completely support offline use. When you are online the app automatically checks for the latest ideas on the cloud and syncs your device with no manual intervention. 

The main reason this is a subscription service is because of ongoing bandwidth and server costs to run this service. Starting at $2.99 per month or $29.99 annually for unlimited ideas its a pretty good deal. I think most people would pay more for a cup of coffee! 
2017/10/25 02:24:43
Fleer
No. More. Subscriptions.
(I’m taking a Moment. Um.)
2017/10/25 15:47:05
TerraSin
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]The main reason this is a subscription service is because of ongoing bandwidth and server costs to run this service. Starting at $2.99 per month or $29.99 annually for unlimited ideas its a pretty good deal. I think most people would pay more for a cup of coffee! 

Set it up to work with someone's own cloud storage account like OneDrive or Dropbox and sell it for a flat fee. That will remove any and all server costs from Cakewalk.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account