• Software
  • How To Unlink Kitpieces in Addictive Drums 2?
2017/10/24 19:01:09
Keni
I managed to do this before, but for some reason I can't manage to do so again...

Can anyone please give me the basics of linking/unlinking kitpieces?

I have a kick/snare link which triggers a tiny bit of snare with every kick and I want to stop that!

Thanks...

2017/10/24 19:30:58
Canopus
First of all, make sure that the kit piece to act as slave is present in one of the slots on the KIT page.

To link, simply drag the link icon from the master kit piece and drop it on the kit piece you want to act as slave. A popup menu displays where you verify your target. Once linked, the linked kit piece will have a small orange icon with a circle and just below it a down facing arrow.

To unlink, click the arrow (not the circle) and up pops a menu that says “Unlink [the linked kit piece] from [the master kit piece]”.  After verification the link will be broken.
2017/10/24 20:22:15
Keni
Thanks Canopus...

Just a moment ago I realized that nothing was linked.(Link chain white), but the kick is triggering a tiny bit of snare???

That's what my problem centered on. As soon as I decided to try linking elsewhere and had it turn orange, flags went up! ;-)

Now to discover why kick triggering is causing a bit of snare... It's both audible and visible on discreet outputs...

2017/10/24 21:33:32
azslow3
That does not really disturb me, but I also was wondering why kick always bleed into snare, even when kick is muted.
The only combination I have found when that does not happened, is when kick is in Flexi slot.
I mean when kick is in kick slot, snare resonance is triggered for snare in any slot, including Flexi.
But when kick is in flexi, that does not happened.

That is really ugly workaround, I hope you find better solution
2017/10/24 22:41:08
mettelus
AD2 is designed to produce kit bleed as a normal kit would, but I forget now if this is only in the overheads or not. I have not used it often enough to remember, but think you can shut that feature off.

Quick edit: I ran a quick search and didn't find a quick and dirty answer to being able to shut that bleed off. Hopefully someone can chime in with that answer.
2017/10/24 23:05:40
Soundwise
azslow3
That does not really disturb me, but I also was wondering why kick always bleed into snare, even when kick is muted.
The only combination I have found when that does not happened, is when kick is in Flexi slot.
I mean when kick is in kick slot, snare resonance is triggered for snare in any slot, including Flexi.

You can turn snare buzz off. Then there won't be any bleed from other kit pieces.
2017/10/25 17:33:54
Keni
OK... Thanks for the confirmation...

There's a way to turn it off? Any instructions? I can't find anything...

I've run into this before but as I rarely use the AD2 kick, I've gotten away with the issue...

It's nice to have the bleed feature for when it's wanted, but that is not my usual preference. I've spent my life trying to avoid bleed! ;-)

I haven't been thrilled with the Kicks I got with AD2 so I use SD3 with the Slate Sizzle Kick most of the time... A bit of an annoyance to have to use two drum machines to cover the kit, but it works for me...

2017/10/25 20:22:36
azslow3
Soundwise
azslow3

You can turn snare buzz off. Then there won't be any bleed from other kit pieces.

Thanks! Sometimes things are hard to find

@Keni: it is in Snare "edit" (and only for snare), on top of the picture which shows a peace with mic position.
2017/10/25 20:30:02
Keni
azslow3
Soundwise
azslow3

Thanks! Sometimes things are hard to find

@Keni: it is in Snare "edit" (and only for snare), on top of the picture which shows a peace with mic position.

Ahhh...

Thanks. I hought that was for snare played-buzz only...

On my way!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account