• Software
  • Pianissimo Virtual Grand Piano
2008/12/04 22:57:40
PathosLogos
Pianissimo Virtual Grand: Acoustica.com

Has anyone tried this one yet in a mix...I wonder if this would sit out well when mixed with other VSTi in an arrangement.

It looks like 4Front Truepiano...but a bit cheaper though.
2018/11/04 20:49:05
soens
Hi, I'm from the future (sorry for grave digging but I found this post in the "Related" window)...

This is a great piano. I like it much better than TruePianos or most others out there. I does better as a solo piano but doesn't sound too bad in a mix either. I like layering it with another piano I found.

It's on sale right now (as is Mixcraft) and can't be beat for the price. The link above is still good too.
2018/11/08 12:09:39
Euthymia
I am in the present and I concur. I have not tried a sampled/emulated grand piano that comes close to Pianissimo. I got it with my Pro Studio license after I ascended to the top tier of the Mixcraft beta testing team a few years ago and was just blown away.

As far as sitting in a mix, if I process it as if it were the real thing, it does just fine.

I saw Sergio Mendes on a TV appearance using a Yamaha Motif's plasticky grand piano patch. Mr. Mendes is one of my piano idols, has been for half a century, and really, if they couldn't have managed to have Sergio Mendes play a real grand, I would have much rather he had my old Dell Inspiron running Pianissimo. It would have been mais que nada.
2018/11/08 23:05:09
Studioguy1
Pianissimo is a fine product and I use it often..  Even use it as a standalone on the laptop when I am writing songs.  Has always been solid to me and there are enough variations ie Upright, Grand etc etc to make it a valid piano in my arsenal of sounds that I rely on.
2018/11/09 02:51:00
bitflipper
The OP only had to wait 10 years for a reply. Hope he's been checking back every day.

EDIT: looks like he got tired of waiting. His last login was 4 months after that post.
2018/11/09 04:55:34
Studioguy1
Ha hahahaha...well, I had to think about it a bit.  haha
2018/11/11 20:39:07
jude77
bitflipper
The OP only had to wait 10 years for a reply. Hope he's been checking back every day.

EDIT: looks like he got tired of waiting. His last login was 4 months after that post.

Just a decade?  That's a quicker response than I got from CW support!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account