• Techniques
  • Chimes - solved, and sample uploaded (p.3)
2011/11/10 18:18:02
AT
http://www.boldersounds.net/single-libraries-c-3_18.html?page=3&sort=20a

Janet,

some cheap chime sounds at Boulder Sounds.  I just picked up some of their free SFZ and saw them at the above url (curse this forum software!).

@

2011/11/10 18:47:29
Janet
Thank you!  I appreciate that.  

(do people really buy wind chime samples?  Those things drive me nuts!)  :)  
2011/11/10 19:47:30
jsaras
I call 'em wind chimes.  In any event, all the sampled versions sound to consistent/controlled for my taste.  Gimme some chaos!
2011/11/10 20:01:04
Janet
I can probably do chaos without trying.

But the chaos of wind chimes messes with my mind more than a roomful of 2 year olds. 
2011/11/10 21:55:42
Janet
OK, I finally got these things recorded like I like them.  

Reece...they're standing upright and there are posts on either side, so it sits on a little stand.  I imagine if you'd play them in a 5th grade band, it would be fine, but it sounds terrible miked.  Once I saw a picture of free-hanging ones online I knew what I had to do.  I'm so proud of myself.  :) 

JC...unreal...those bar chimes in Latin Percussion don't work...it's just a tom or something.  Odd.  Actually, par for the course for me, but odd.  

Anyway, thanks you guys!  Now I guess I HAVE to use bar chimes for this new masterpiece whether they sound good in it or not.  :)  
2011/11/11 08:24:15
Guitarhacker
Wind chimes.... to me, are soothing. I have some that hang outside the bedroom window, right beside the back porch deck. On a breezy night........  sweet dreams....

I do think they might reach the chaotic level in a hurricane so I do take them down..... not that I wouldn't want to hear what that might sound like..... I just think that metal tube projectiles are not a good thing to have hanging around in a big storm like that. 
2017/12/30 02:21:25
Janet
Someone just wrote me on this thread asking for the wav file (I got the email notification.)  I can't see your post here on this forum though.  But if you can read this, I'll have to check...not sure if I still have that, or if I recorded them going 'down.'  It's been a long while since I've recorded anything...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account