2016/09/18 16:09:35
scook
noted
2016/09/19 16:46:03
John
I've come across this from time to time. The idea is to rename a project and all its associated files to a new name in a simple and quick manor. I have used save as  many times to do this. However, it is unsatisfactory for what is being asked for here. I would be in favor of a simple and quick way to do this.

Though I should remind you all that Sonar was one of the very first non destructive DAWs ever. In keeping with that philosophy I can see why CW has not bothered to do this. Yet its time to rethink how useful this would be for many.  
2016/09/19 21:57:12
skinnybones lampshade
Yes, I agree with what Hammerhole said, quote:

"I would like a simple way to rename project folders and project files.  Very often I start a project with no idea of what it will be about or what it should be titled.  Thus I create the project named after a synth voice or instrument, or "Loud and Boomy."  Then I work on it a bit, figure out a title, and set it aside for working on it later.

Later, I remember the actual real title I gave it, but not the project folder's name.  So I go thru project folders opening sessions till I find the right one.  

I would love it if I could press "Edit -> Project -> Rename Project" and get a dialogue to rename it.  The the original project folder could be given a new name, files moved to it, and the original stupidly-named project folder would be deleted."

LJ
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account