2017/07/05 16:57:43
rsinger
Omnisphere 2 is my go to soft synth and I like Alchemy, but it's no longer available on the PC. I like Reaktor 6 as well as Rapture Pro. I also like the Korg legacy collection - the Wavestation, M1, and Monopoly are great. If you wait they are usually on sale for half price a couple times a year.
2017/07/05 16:59:08
Belthus
abacab

Iris 2 $49 sale price ends today!  Have been looking at that one for a while.  It normally lists for $149.

Yes, I interpreted it as ending today 5th July at 23:59 (their local time, which is around 5 hrs behind UK time... I think).  interestingly they still have the "SALE THROUGH TO JULY 5th" on the product page but the price is now showing $149.00 as I write this.
2017/07/05 17:07:43
Belthus
rsinger
Omnisphere 2 is my go to soft synth and I like Alchemy, but it's no longer available on the PC. I like Reaktor 6 as well as Rapture Pro. I also like the Korg legacy collection - the Wavestation, M1, and Monopoly are great. If you wait they are usually on sale for half price a couple times a year.

So many good quality synths to choose from, and like you say deals galore from time to time.  I believed we used a Korg Poly 800 (think I got the name right) in our band back in the 80's as you mentioned Korg above, as well as a DX7.

Omnisphere rings a bell, but ill have a look at all of the ones mentioned.
2017/07/05 18:24:56
abacab
Belthus
abacab

Iris 2 $49 sale price ends today!  Have been looking at that one for a while.  It normally lists for $149.

Yes, I interpreted it as ending today 5th July at 23:59 (their local time, which is around 5 hrs behind UK time... I think).  interestingly they still have the "SALE THROUGH TO JULY 5th" on the product page but the price is now showing $149.00 as I write this.

Oh well. Just saved $50.

It seems that they have updated their website today.  If you click on the iris page now, it shows full price, but still says "on sale through July 5".  On the iZotope specials page it says "offers end July 5".

It also went on sale late last year for $49 as well, so it will probably come around again.  Probably a great deal at that price!  Probably not so great for the full price.  According to the comments over at KVR, iZotope hasn't updated this program since 2015, so it leaves you to wonder if it is a product that they plan to continue developing.
2017/07/05 18:29:30
abacab
Belthus

Omnisphere rings a bell, but ill have a look at all of the ones mentioned.

Omnisphere is apparently the 800 lb gorilla of synths.  But at $499 and with no demo available, I wouldn't know except what I have seen and heard on demo videos ...

https://www.spectrasonics...s/omnisphere/index.php
2017/07/05 19:54:39
Belthus
abacab
Oh well. Just saved $50.

It seems that they have updated their website today.  If you click on the iris page now, it shows full price, but still says "on sale through July 5".  On the iZotope specials page it says "offers end July 5".

I emailed them earlier and mentioned the confusion, as of now its back to $49
2017/07/05 21:45:46
abacab
Belthus
abacab
Oh well. Just saved $50.

I emailed them earlier and mentioned the confusion, as of now its back to $49

Hey, thanks for checking and the heads up!  You just cost me $50, LOL!  Grabbed it! 

The factory library core content installer includes 70 pads among the 300+ patches and related samples included.   Very good stuff here!  917MB for this download.

The additional sample library installers are covered in another 10 installers, 11 GB total.
2017/07/05 22:14:19
Belthus
abacab
Hey, thanks for checking and the heads up!  You just cost me $50, LOL!  Grabbed it! 

The factory library core content installer includes 70 pads among the 300+ patches and related samples included.   Very good stuff here!  917MB for this download.

The additional sample library installers are covered in another 10 installers, 11 GB total.

Yep, me too, just downloading all 11Gig of content.

It was £47 inc TAX paying in GBP, but I had a £35 PayPal voucher so thought for £12 cash it was a no brainer.

Apologies for costing you $50 😉 but I thought I better let you know.
2017/07/05 22:49:21
abacab
I really can wait for a sale on Omnisphere now! 

I think I have all of the synthesis types covered now, except for granular.

In addition to Dimension Pro, Rapture and Z3TA+2, I now have Iris 2, SynthMaster 2, AIR Loom, AIR Hybrid 3, AIR Vacuum Pro, AIR Structure, SampleTank 3, TimewARP 2600, Tracktion Collective, plus many of the great free synths out there ...

Iris 2 will be a very good sample based sound machine to have.  For real instruments, I have SampleTank and Structure, but for cool ambient pads and atmospherics, this will be it!

Exploring the "Rhythmic" category turns up some nice moving patches, that could easily be used as pads, plus a lot of other stuff. 

The closest match to this type of sound so far I have only found in Rapture, Synthmaster, and Hybrid, which are capable of using single cycle waveforms samples as oscillators.  But this takes it a huge step further.  Gonna be a lot of fun! 
2017/07/05 23:23:38
Belthus
Really glad I got this one (iZotope Iris 2), I've gone through some of the Keys and Pads so far, and it's exactly what I was looking for plus a lot more, very impressed.

Ill look though the rest of the categories over the next few days and have a listen to the Rhythmic sounds. 

While I'm new to SONAR (6 months or so in) and still finding my way around the core application, I think it will be a while until I can venture out and delve into the full potential of Iris 2, however I can already envisage where I can go using the stock pre-set instruments provided.

The shear amount of content alone was in my mind worth every penny, thanks to occide for mentioning this one.

My only concern is the CPU overhead (on an old gen 2 intel i5) which is something I'll take into account when building a new rig.

Also, I think I need to spend an evening doing some PC "house work" this weekend, and get SONAR and all these add-ons backed up on external drives.

Good to hear your impressed abacab, I wouldn't like to think I was responsible for making someone part with some hard earned cash for something they didn't like 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account