• Computers
  • Help Cant' boot my studio PC (p.7)
2018/02/14 23:19:02
pentimentosound
Ah
I've got 2 more pics hoping they'll help

2018/02/14 23:21:25
abacab
So what happens when you try to boot normally now with Boot Manager as option #1?  Any error messages?
2018/02/14 23:29:32
pentimentosound
The ASROCK Preparing Repair screen then a blue screen titled Automatic Repair with RESTART and Advanced options
Restart doesn't do anything and Advanced Options which shows 4
Continue (Exit and continue to Windows 10)    Nothing happens with that one
Use a device - with Hard Drive USB                           "            "
UEFI (FQT) SanDisk                                        nothing much happens there
 Trouble Shoot leads to 6 options see pic

2018/02/14 23:46:44
abacab
OK, you just posted that pic while I was typing.  That is the standard Windows recovery mode, Advanced Options.

How to Use the Advanced Startup Options to Fix Your Windows 8 or 10 PC
https://www.howtogeek.com...ur-windows-8-computer/
2018/02/14 23:57:14
pentimentosound
I've not tried my system Image Recovery option which is on my external drive,
Not much happens with any of the various options 
Oh and I have not tried anything with Command Prompt
Since I can't add or access the DVD drive, I can't or haven't tried the Linux disc yet
Is my DVD drive likely to be plugged in properly if it's light works and it opens/closes and spins?

Michael
2018/02/15 00:01:05
abacab
As that article outlines, you may want to try 'Automatic Repair', or 'System Restore' to an earlier restore point. 
2018/02/15 00:05:28
abacab
pentimentosound

Is my DVD drive likely to be plugged in properly if it's light works and it opens/closes and spins?

Well it has power! 

However, that still does not tell us if it is connected to a SATA port or that the BIOS can see it.

Have you physically verified the SATA connection?

Booting from that CD/VD seems problematic if your UEFI/BIOS has somehow locked out the CD/DVD drive as a boot source.  Maybe since you can detect that Sandisk USB in the BIOS, you can try creating a bootable Linux on USB, and setting that as your boot #1 option?

2018/02/15 00:06:55
abacab
So back to the recommended external boot from an alternate OS, such as Linux.  The whole point of that exercise would be to check the health of your hardware, while excluding the Windows boot partition.

1. If everything checks out that way, then you are go for a restore from a good image file, or lacking that, a clean install of Windows.

2. Or if the hardware still has issues wile running under Linux, your Windows partition may be OK and you need a new motherboard or something... then Windows might boot again without requiring a backup image restore ...

2018/02/15 00:13:11
pentimentosound
Since I can't boot/load the Linux I'm going to use my external drive Image and see what happens
2018/02/15 00:30:21
pentimentosound
Ooops  I forgot to check the drive for that before starting the Image restore.

I did try restoring to an earlier point (2-3-18)and though (everytime)it would report a successful restore, nothing changed at all.

A bad mobo would be a big bother!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account