• SONAR
  • MIDI Chorus and Reverb settings in Track Inspector are not saved in exported MIDI file
2018/03/14 15:00:10
dbenus
Hello,

In Sonar Platinum:
The MIDI Chorus (CC93) and Reverb (CC91) settings for each track in the Track Inspector are not saved (or cannot be restored) when exporting/importing MIDI files.  The settings come back up reset to 0 when I reopen the MIDI file after saving it from a CWP file.

I had this problem before and the support team (when they still existed and responded) helped me resolve it. But I recently had to uninstall all previous versions of Sonar and Platinum to resolve an issue with it taking forever to boot up; now this controller problem has reappeared and I can't find the previous correspondence from support and can't remember what I did to fix it.

It worked fine in all previous versions of Sonar (X1, X2, etc.), but not in Platinum.  While working with tech support, I tried to restore to previous updates of Platinum, but that didn't help.  I vaguely remember that it may have been some kind of change in settings in the Configuration or Initialization files, maybe having to do with Legacy, but I can't for the life of me remember exactly what the tech had me do.

Help?

Thanks,

David Benus

HP Elitebook 8760w
Intel Core i7
24GB RAM
500GB SSD drive on C:
Roland OctaCapture

2018/03/15 15:38:45
dbenus
Sorry for the type on the subject line.
I meant that Platinum deosn't save ProChannel MIDI controllers 91 and 92.

Now it comes to me that I think one of the support techs had me change a setting the in the initialization file, but I can't for the life of me remember which and to what.

Anybody?
Thanks.
2018/03/15 16:23:30
azslow3
Sorry, can not help.

But you really mean Chorus and Reverb set in the Track Inspector are not saved (or can not be restored) when exporting/importing MIDI files.

That has nothing to do with ProChannel, and for sure not with ProChannel modules.
I guess most people are reading you question as "Remote control for ProChannel parameters are not saved into MIDI files" (so you get no reply).
2018/03/15 16:26:27
dbenus
THANKS!.  I'll re-post.
2018/03/15 16:32:43
scook
Please do not create another thread. Edit the OP and change the subject. While there are a couple of threads from other userID with almost the exact same wording. They failed to post a solution.
2018/03/15 16:41:43
dbenus
Hello,

In Sonar Platinum:
The MIDI Chorus (CC93) and Reverb (CC91) settings for each track in the Track Inspector are not saved (or cannot be restored) when exporting/importing MIDI files.  The settings come back up reset to 0 when I reopen the MIDI file after saving it from a CWP file.

I had this problem before and the support team (when they still existed and responded) helped me resolve it. But I recently had to uninstall all previous versions of Sonar and Platinum to resolve an issue with it taking forever to boot up; now this controller problem has reappeared and I can't find the previous correspondence from support and can't remember what I did to fix it.

It worked fine in all previous versions of Sonar (X1, X2, etc.), but not in Platinum.  While working with tech support, I tried to restore to previous updates of Platinum, but that didn't help.  I vaguely remember that it may have been some kind of change in settings in the Configuration or Initialization files, maybe having to do with Legacy, but I can't for the life of me remember exactly what the tech had me do.

Help?

Thanks,

David Benus

HP Elitebook 8760w
Intel Core i7
24GB RAM
500GB SSD drive on C:
Roland OctaCapture

2018/03/15 16:42:41
dbenus
Ooops.  Sorry.  Missed your post while creating a new one.

2018/03/15 16:50:10
scook
Not a problem
The second thread is now merged with the original.
Change the OP subject if you wish.
2018/03/15 17:00:25
dbenus
How would I change the "OP"?
I don't see any way to do this.
Thanks.
2018/03/15 17:01:20
dbenus
And could I copy the revised post to the top and delete the original?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account