2018/10/23 17:29:52
kennywtelejazz
I found this at another Guitar forum so I thought I would post this here since we all Love Gibson

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/gibson-guitars-james-curleigh-new-ceo-745785/

and he has a ted talk on branding:
https://www.ted.com/talks...a_global_brand#t-14150

Kenny

2018/10/23 21:50:54
michaelhanson
Never stopped loving my Gibson's.  

2018/10/23 22:03:59
kennywtelejazz
michaelhanson
Never stopped loving my Gibson's.  

Oh yes michaelhanson  , your Les Paul looks Very Nice drool drool lol
What year ? all original or have you modded it in any way ? Cool Amp BTW 

If people here want to post pics of their Gibson Guitars I' m all in for that 

Kenny
2018/10/23 22:13:45
michaelhanson
I've owned 5 LP's in my lifetime, this one being a 2016 Traditional Pro...best quality Gibson I have owned. My first was a 1981, which I guess made it a Norlin. I though that 1981 was the best, until this one.

All original, no Mods.
2018/10/23 23:26:58
bitflipper
If I was taking that job, it would be on condition of cash pay every Friday.
2018/10/23 23:32:58
kennywtelejazz
Hey Mike ,

thanks for talking about your guitar

My current Les Paul as listed in my sig is a 2012 R 8 VOS Plain Top with the vintage baseball bat neck ...
It is totally stock no mods ...I love it ....
I have owned and played a ton of Vintage Gibson Guitars over the years mostly ES 335, 345 , 330 and ES 175 .
I have had multiples of each of those types of Gibson's models including owning guitars that came with PAF's.
For what ever reason lets call it GAS , no matter what else I played  I would still just keep going back to those models of Gibson Guitars ..
To this day I still want to get me another ES 335 ...I had a 1960 Dot marker that to this day I still regret selling ...
As far as Les Paul's go I have only owned 2 other Les Paul's  besides the one I have now .
I Gigged with  a 57 Les Paul Custom reissue in Black ( 3 pick ups ) which I sold in 1983 and I had a  had a Gold Top w 2 P 90's that I  sold in 1978 ..
it has been nice , all the best ,

Kenny

2018/10/23 23:41:17
Wayfarer
I can't find any good photos of it, but this is my old Gibson ES-340 (1967 or 68) that I played for years and years till I wore ruts in the fretboard. I copied the photo from a magazine that did a review of a horrible custom cassette I released in 1986. In the early 90's I switched to Telecasters. Went back to 335 style guitars briefly, have basically been a Tele man ever since. Having said that, I'm mostly an acoustic fingerpicker who just dabbles on electric. At any rate, I really don't care much about Gibson anymore. For what it's worth, the best 335 type guitar I've ever owned was a Yamaha SA-2000.

2018/10/26 04:17:33
kennywtelejazz
Wayfarer
I can't find any good photos of it, but this is my old Gibson ES-340 (1967 or 68) that I played for years and years till I wore ruts in the fretboard. I copied the photo from a magazine that did a review of a horrible custom cassette I released in 1986. In the early 90's I switched to Telecasters. Went back to 335 style guitars briefly, have basically been a Tele man ever since. Having said that, I'm mostly an acoustic fingerpicker who just dabbles on electric. At any rate, I really don't care much about Gibson anymore. For what it's worth, the best 335 type guitar I've ever owned was a Yamaha SA-2000.

Pretty cool story and pic . WOW , I had no idea you are and have been a Tele player .
The whole time I played 335's I went Tele Less for a few years ....
Yes I agree with you , the Yamaha's are very good . I have played a few  and that was my impression .

Right now the only 335 style guitar I have is A De Armond Starfire IV . I bought her brand new in 1999 soon after I moved to LA .
The build quality on this guitar is off the charts . It's quality rivals many guitars that are in the above a grand to fifteen hundred range  ..I have held on to her and I still use her all the time in my music .
My De Armond Starfire IV came in natural finish and it has Gold Tone pick ups which are excellent ...
The Gold Tone  pick ups sound a little more Airy w out any mud compared to a Gibson humbucker ...

Here's an online pic of The DeArmond Starfire ..Mine is exactly the same w out the bed

I still want to get another Gibson 335 with PAF style pick ups . I miss having and playing one .
I love the dynamic mid range growl they exhibit when you dig into them .

nice talking with you

Kenny
2018/10/26 16:58:39
jamesg1213
kennywtelejazz

If people here want to post pics of their Gibson Guitars I' m all in for that 

OK 

1979 Cherry Sunburst LP Standard. I'd never part with it.
2018/10/26 18:48:55
michaelhanson
kennywtelejazz
Hey Mike ,

thanks for talking about your guitar

My current Les Paul as listed in my sig is a 2012 R 8 VOS Plain Top with the vintage baseball bat neck ...
It is totally stock no mods ...I love it ....
I have owned and played a ton of Vintage Gibson Guitars over the years mostly ES 335, 345 , 330 and ES 175 .
I have had multiples of each of those types of Gibson's models including owning guitars that came with PAF's.
For what ever reason lets call it GAS , no matter what else I played  I would still just keep going back to those models of Gibson Guitars ..
To this day I still want to get me another ES 335 ...I had a 1960 Dot marker that to this day I still regret selling ...
As far as Les Paul's go I have only owned 2 other Les Paul's  besides the one I have now .
I Gigged with  a 57 Les Paul Custom reissue in Black ( 3 pick ups ) which I sold in 1983 and I had a  had a Gold Top w 2 P 90's that I  sold in 1978 ..
it has been nice , all the best ,

Kenny

Kenny- I love ES 335's and one has been on my bucket list for many years.  The closest I have come is this one purchase on my 50th birthday, 7 years ago.  I dropped a Classic 57+ in the bridge and a Classic 57 in the neck.  It sounds absolutely awesome and gets played nearly as much as the LP.  It's on many of my song in the Songs Forum.  The only thing I don't care for is the ugly Epi head stock.  I'm just not a fan of that particular head stock.  

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account