2018/10/27 18:54:01
bapu
BTW, I hated the EB-0 and owned it for less than 6 months (more like 3 IIRC).
2018/10/28 13:56:18
paulo
bapu
Don't have pics yet but The Lovely Lady just purchased my Christmas pressie early.

A single owner 1971 Gibson EB-3L in Walnut. It arrives Friday. Will post a pic then.

I owned brand new one in 1971 and sometime in 1972 or 1973 it was traded up for my (then) Rick 4003 bass.

Upon it's arrival I will now be in possession of every bass (sans the fist $29 jobbie and a very brief EB-0) that I have ever owned form 1968 up to 1977 (P-Bass, EB-3, Rick 4003 and the Alembic Series I), plus now a few extras: Kala Uke, Hofner Ignition, Fender Squier Fretless Jazz, Custom 5 String and Line 6 Variax Bass.

For all practical purposes I have all the basses I'll ever need.
(ya?)

You played bass on a jobbie? That must have sounded pretty crappy.
2018/10/28 14:01:38
paulo
Did you ever record with it?

2018/10/28 14:02:24
paulo
Cuz if you did then you can tell everyone you made a no.2 record.

2018/10/28 14:37:02
Wibbles
But we're up against ManUre this afternoon.
2018/10/28 14:53:45
msmcleod
paulo
bapu
Don't have pics yet but The Lovely Lady just purchased my Christmas pressie early.

A single owner 1971 Gibson EB-3L in Walnut. It arrives Friday. Will post a pic then.

I owned brand new one in 1971 and sometime in 1972 or 1973 it was traded up for my (then) Rick 4003 bass.

Upon it's arrival I will now be in possession of every bass (sans the fist $29 jobbie and a very brief EB-0) that I have ever owned form 1968 up to 1977 (P-Bass, EB-3, Rick 4003 and the Alembic Series I), plus now a few extras: Kala Uke, Hofner Ignition, Fender Squier Fretless Jazz, Custom 5 String and Line 6 Variax Bass.

For all practical purposes I have all the basses I'll ever need.
(ya?)

You played bass on a jobbie? That must have sounded pretty crappy.

2018/10/28 15:32:41
kennywtelejazz
Wayfarer

for what it's worth, the best 335 type guitar I've ever owned was a Yamaha SA-2000.

Here's Tommy Tedesco's Yamaha SA-2000 up for auction .
https://entertainment.ha....hortDescription-071515

Here's all his guitars that are currently up for auction

https://entertainment.ha....onsignorpreview-notice

michaelhanson

Kenny- I love ES 335's and one has been on my bucket list for many years.  The closest I have come is this one purchase on my 50th birthday, 7 years ago.  I dropped a Classic 57+ in the bridge and a Classic 57 in the neck.  It sounds absolutely awesome and gets played nearly as much as the LP.  It's on many of my song in the Songs Forum.  The only thing I don't care for is the ugly Epi head stock.  I'm just not a fan of that particular head stock.  

Hi Mike ,

Your Epiphone looks very nice . Has a nice book ended veneer flamed Maple Top ...
I bet she sounds real good .
The pick up mods you did must have brought the sound much closer to over the top of the ball park tones .

I have the same style head stock on my SG ...
My SG is the exact same model and color as this stock photo.

I played an Epiphone Joe Pass for years ...Loved it and gave it to a friend ...Loved the Epi head stock on that one .
I think the plain Epi head stock that's on you guitar and my guitar look OK .. even though they are not the best looking fit ..
I don't mind that head stock on some of the other Epiphone guitars  also ( like the 2 P 90 models and Juniors )
When I see that head stock on some of the Epi  Les Paul Standard type of models guitars they have out that are one Tier lower than the Customs I have more of a concern ..

nice talking with you ,

eph221
jamesg1213
kennywtelejazz

If people here want to post pics of their Gibson Guitars I' m all in for that 

OK 

1979 Cherry Sunburst LP Standard. I'd never part with it.

My god, your house is so neat and tidy.

That's only half the story his guitar playing is also neat and tidy

rcklln
Nice guitars

Here's my 2011 Traditional+

She growls

OOOHhhh Very Very nice

I love the look of a Les Paul with a nicely flamed top in Tobacco Sunburst 

Hell Yeah

Kenny
2018/10/28 16:49:35
jamesg1213
I do have another Gibson, which I feel slightly guilty about not mentioning 

1981 Sonex-180 Deluxe. As you can see, I heavily modded it by sticking a pick holder on 

It was my first 'proper' guitar after a few copies from the likes of Columbus and Hondo. It's got a good crunch!
2018/10/28 16:56:27
Wibbles
It's time to move on Granddad and get with Drake.

2018/10/28 17:23:16
jamesg1213
Wibbles
It's time to move on Granddad and get with Drake.

Of course, he was vice-admiral under Lord Effingham.

Which has a nice irony to it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account