• SONAR
  • I think we have a new update! (p.4)
2018/12/06 20:40:41
Skyline_UK
Wibbles
https://www.bandlab.com/p.ducts/cakewalk/whats-new

This link doesn't work for me, I get a 404.
2018/12/07 00:11:20
HIBI
abacab
I noticed these two new feature items in the latest update, and was wondering if they would replace any unlocked Overloud versions we might already have installed with newer locked to "Cakewalk only" plugins:

Updated BREVERB 2 Cakewalk full VST plug-in
Updated version of Overloud TH3 that is fully compatible with Cakewalk by BandLab

Some of us took advantage of Overloud's limited time special offer to Sonar users last year, for free unlock codes to these previous bundled Overloud Cakewalk edition plugins.  With the demise of Cakewalk we were wondering if we would be able to continue to use these plugins in other DAWs.  Overloud graciously helped us out with this.

So right now I can open these plugins in any DAW i choose, but I am afraid that this update could lock them down again. 

Any advice?

I also care about that... 
2018/12/07 00:59:26
mkerl
HIBI
abacab
I noticed these two new feature items in the latest update, and was wondering if they would replace any unlocked Overloud versions we might already have installed with newer locked to "Cakewalk only" plugins:

Updated version of Overloud TH3 that is fully compatible with Cakewalk by BandLab

Some of us took advantage of Overloud's limited time special offer to Sonar users last year, for free unlock codes to these previous bundled Overloud Cakewalk edition plugins.  With the demise of Cakewalk we were wondering if we would be able to continue to use these plugins in other DAWs.  Overloud graciously helped us out with this.

So right now I can open these plugins in any DAW i choose, but I am afraid that this update could lock them down again. 

Any advice?

I've installed the unlocked Versions from Overloud last year and use TH3 sometimes with Studio One. With the Cake Update made today I tested both Plugs in S1 - no Problem with TH3, but Breverb was locked to Cakewalk only and didn't open in S1. To be honest, I'm not sure, if I installed the unlock Version Breverb last year, maybe I didn't. However, I made backups of the install-files and of the Overloud EMail with the Download-Links and Numbers - the Download Link still works. So, I've run the installer (without uninstalling first!!!) and now have the latest Version of Breverb and TH3 unlocked and usable in S1, too. BTW, I've had no problems with the plugs in CbB before. Maybe I should test the Anderton FX-Chain with TH3 . . . . 

Cheers :)
2018/12/07 01:04:54
fitzj
mkerl
HIBI
abacab

Any advice?

I've installed the unlocked Versions from Overloud last year and use TH3 sometimes with Studio One. With the Cake Update made today I tested both Plugs in S1 - no Problem with TH3, but Breverb was locked to Cakewalk only and didn't open in S1. To be honest, I'm not sure, if I installed the unlock Version Breverb last year, maybe I didn't. However, I made backups of the install-files and of the Overloud EMail with the Download-Links and Numbers - the Download Link still works. So, I've run the installer (without uninstalling first!!!) and now have the latest Version of Breverb and TH3 unlocked and usable in S1, too.

Same issue here. Update TH3 works in Presonus, Breverb  not working. cannot remember if I availed of the unlocked version either of Breverb last year. Could be the reason it doesn't work.
2018/12/07 01:24:52
Tom B
The BandLab Assistant update failed for me too after it tried to update automatically. Same symptoms as others:  "Authorization Error" and BandLab Assistant hangs. I followed suggestions from the above posts and it works now.  

Here are the steps I did (based on the input from previous posters):

1.) Terminated multiple "BandLab Assistant.exe" processes (via task manager).
2.) Uninstalled the existing BandLab Assistant (wonder if this is necessary).
3.) Downloaded and installed the latest BandLab Assistant from here:
https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows   
https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new   <- Try this path if the above doesn't work.

Thanks to the folks who posted above with the various suggestions.
2018/12/07 12:10:07
Johnbee58
See.  They still love us.

John B
2018/12/07 13:25:20
Euthymia
rogeriodec
Will not be the newer versions informed here anymore?

Informed immediately are the newest versions from the BandLab Assistant.
2018/12/07 13:30:12
Euthymia
andyjobson85
The new control bar module seems to have some cramped/overlapping text though, the words 'project' and 'selection' are obscured (quite a long project, can provide screenshots if interested)

Might you have scaling enabled in your OS? This is known to happen when scaling is enabled.
2018/12/07 13:43:22
royarn
mkerl
HIBI
abacab

Any advice?

I've installed the unlocked Versions from Overloud last year and use TH3 sometimes with Studio One. With the Cake Update made today I tested both Plugs in S1 - no Problem with TH3, but Breverb was locked to Cakewalk only and didn't open in S1. To be honest, I'm not sure, if I installed the unlock Version Breverb last year, maybe I didn't. However, I made backups of the install-files and of the Overloud EMail with the Download-Links and Numbers - the Download Link still works. So, I've run the installer (without uninstalling first!!!) and now have the latest Version of Breverb and TH3 unlocked and usable in S1, too. BTW, I've had no problems with the plugs in CbB before. Maybe I should test the Anderton FX-Chain with TH3 . . . . 

Just the same plus the Rematrix player also had to re-authorize.
Roy
2018/12/07 13:59:01
pwalpwal
Johnbee58
See.  They still love us.

John B

then maybe they can join in with some real info
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account