• SONAR
  • I think we have a new update! (p.6)
2018/12/12 19:57:55
abacab
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
The only issue is if you utilized the special "unlocked" installer from Overloud that was issued before Cakewalk was revived.

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing.  I did not want to spend the money to upgrade to the full version of the Overloud plugins, as the Cakewalk editions do everything I need.  I would just rather they stay unlocked, as I use them in several DAWs, including Cakewalk.

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
The new (2018.11) installer includes an updated version of BREVERB Cakewalk which has an update for Overloud's authorization that locks BREVERB Cakewalk to Cakewalk. You can reinstall Overloud's previous installer if you wish to unlock again, however it will not be up to date (the new version with 2018.11 includes stability fixes). As Cakewalk never distributed this unlocked installer, there's nothing on our end we can do, so I'd suggest contacting Overloud or upgrading to the full version of BREVERB.

I think that Cakewalk could make ANY plugin installs "optional", with an advanced dialogue during the Cakewalk installer routine.  This was the way that Sonar installers handled many plugins, so that you could just select program updates and/or just plugins, as desired from a single installer.  As it works now, everything gets slammed down the chute by the Cakewalk by BandLab installer.
2018/12/12 21:12:12
mkerl
@Jon Sasor
The question was, do we have to reinstall the unlocked Overloud plugs everytime we update Cakewalk? Would just like to know. To decide, what to do. An advanced dialogue for optional installation could be a desirable solution.

Cheers 

2018/12/13 10:00:31
M@
So this was done on behalf of/ by request from Overloud to bring the Users back to a Sonar-locked version, realizing (most) users would want the version with the stability fixes.....? Just wondering. Anyone feel shameless enough to ask Overloud for unlocked version of the updated Sonar-version ;)
2018/12/13 13:02:43
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
M@
So this was done on behalf of/ by request from Overloud to bring the Users back to a Sonar-locked version, realizing (most) users would want the version with the stability fixes.....? Just wondering. Anyone feel shameless enough to ask Overloud for unlocked version of the updated Sonar-version ;)

I can't comment as to whether there was any kind of deliberate decision on the Overloud side as I honestly don't know. They simply delivered us updated components and we adjusted the installer accordingly.

If you install every update, you might have noticed this time that there was a significantly smaller download. We now have 2 versions of the installer. A full version, like all previous Cakewalk by BandLab installers, and an update one. The update installer only replaces the relevant files changed in a given update. In this case, that included the new BREVERB and TH3 files. If you installed the older version of BREVERB/TH3 now, when the next update rolls around, these won't be replaced again from the update installer (unless we're given anything new from Overloud). Just bear in mind the plugs got an update for a reason.

The full installer will load the current versions of everything every time.
2018/12/13 13:09:54
mkerl
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
M@

I can't comment as to whether there was any kind of deliberate decision on the Overloud side as I honestly don't know. They simply delivered us updated components and we adjusted the installer accordingly.

If you install every update, you might have noticed this time that there was a significantly smaller download. We now have 2 versions of the installer. A full version, like all previous Cakewalk by BandLab installers, and an update one. The update installer only replaces the relevant files changed in a given update. In this case, that included the new BREVERB and TH3 files. If you installed the older version of BREVERB/TH3 now, when the next update rolls around, these won't be replaced again from the update installer (unless we're given anything new from Overloud). Just bear in mind the plugs got an update for a reason.

Thank you for the information

Cheers 
2018/12/13 19:23:06
abacab
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]

Thank you for that information Jon.
2018/12/14 13:43:51
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
The new incremental update installer scheme is a huge improvement over the old Command Center.
You can now download and install a new update in under a minute in most circumstances. Not only does this save bandwidth its a much better user experience.
2018/12/14 14:24:11
a13xhp
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
The new incremental update installer scheme is a huge improvement over the old Command Center.
You can now download and install a new update in under a minute in most circumstances. Not only does this save bandwidth its a much better user experience.

Yeah, I think that it is a great addition but I am having some problems with the latest update. I have contacted your support and they are trying to help me but, for the moment, I would love to being able to roll-back the update. Is that going to be possible in the future? I am going to be honest, for the moment, BA it isn't useful for me.
2018/12/14 15:20:59
Starise
Another thumbs up for the new export feature in the toolbar. This is BIG. NO more digging though pages to export. Export is one of the more common things we often do and it makes perfect sense to put it in an accessible location
Thanks!
2018/12/14 17:25:11
michael diemer
Am I to understand that if I do this update, Breverb might not work anymore? I have no idea if myversion is locked or unlocked, pais or unpaid. It just works. I wouldn't want to lose it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account