2006/09/01 13:05:31
jmeier
can i make stuff that sounds like whipped cream in p5? has anyone ever done that before?
2006/09/01 14:35:43
b rock
Not much call for it, but here goes: Open up an instance of PSYN II, and Initialize a patch under the Disk icon. Disengage the sine oscillator, and enable the internal noise waveform instead. In the default settings of the amplitude EG [A}, raise the release slider to full up [10 seconds]. Enable another EG, with the Depth at full and the Dest set to Cutoff 1. In the EG, set the Decay to maximum, and the Amt to -100%. Filter one's Cutoff and Resonance are at maximum as well.

Enable an LFO with the Depth and Speed sliders about halfway. As with the EG, the Dest is Cutoff 1 at full Depth. Pressing any key will freak out the filter, and releasing it will spray whipped cream all over the place. Not as tasty as "The Girl from Ipanema", but this should serve as a starting point for further explorations into P5 toppings. HTH.
2006/09/01 14:58:12
jmeier
brilliant!

now, is there a way i can make a sound like a head of lettuce?

don't ask why i want a head of lettuce with whipped cream.

it's building to something quite marvelous though.
2006/09/01 15:11:11
b rock
Hmm. Romaine, or iceberg? Same basic patch without the filter modulation. Initialize patch; noise instead of sine; filter Cutoff & Reso up full. Go to the default [A] EG, and lower all the sliders except Decay amd Amount, which are up to maximum. Enable an LFO, but this time set the Lev 01 to a full Depth as a Destination. An extra-crispy head can be realized with a RND waveform in the LFO, and a full Depth and Speed slider. Play a few staccato notes to crack the head, and reintroduce that sine waveform to get the tapping sound of a near-empty bottle of dressing. HTH.
2006/09/01 15:20:22
syrath
What about Cake?
2006/09/01 15:27:22
b rock
What about Cake?
I'm not sure what they prefer to eat as a group. I'd heard it was doughnuts. As for the 'sound' of cake, I'm unfamiliar with that, because I try to avoid sweets. I think we'll have to wait for the upcoming update in Q1 of 2007, or call in Emeril LaGasse.
2006/09/01 15:41:09
mumpcake
ORIGINAL: b rock
As for the 'sound' of cake, I'm unfamiliar with that, because I try to avoid sweets.

I'd say it's a strat through a twin, with a nasal vocalist and a trumpet player.
2006/09/01 15:41:59
jmeier
BAM!
2006/09/01 15:47:24
badbib
too bad P5 dosn't have straight-out-of-the-box-multisampled lettuce head sounds... the kind of thing you use everyday...
2006/09/01 15:53:08
b rock
too bad P5 dosn't have straight-out-of-the-box-multisampled lettuce head sounds
That really does belong in the tool kit of every produce-r.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account