• Software
  • Attention iPad 2 (or higher) owners - free GeoShred app download code
2016/06/08 14:44:26
Anderton
Over at Harmony Central we're trying a new idea - a "crowdsourced" review of Moforte's GeoShred, a really amazing app designed by Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater. I love the thing, here's a review I wrote of it several months ago.

We have a limited number of free download codes that we can give away to people who promise to write up their opinions, pro, con, good, bad, amazed, or "meh" for the "crowdsourced" review on Harmony Central. (Note that to post in the thread, you'll need to register on Harmony Central. It requires an email address so we can verify the registration is real, but it is not shared with any third parties.) Here is the thread where comments are made. Once you log in with your user name and password, you can post in the thread. 

If you're interested, PM me here in the Cakewalk forums or at Harmony Central (user name Anderton). Check out this kinda ambient video Jordan did with it...

2016/06/08 14:48:28
Fleer
Looking and sounding quite nice. I'm in.

Edit: and I checked it out. Quite interesting indeed. Uses iPad possibilities to the full. But more importantly, it feels like a new instrument, combining the sliding and harmonic possibilities of a guitar with all sorts of sounds like cinematic textures or pads.
Different playing styles (piano / guitar / slide) and even palm mute or guitar-like feedback allow for a broad canvas of expressions, Above all, this app is highly musical and creative as if a violin or guitar was reinvented to play all sorts of instruments by pushing and pulling strings. Guitar presets include a dobro steel guitar, a sitar and a shredding axe. I also love the on-screen directions, making it easy to understand the app. Maybe I would have preferred another GUI like the colorful skeumorphism of Seline Redux or the stark modernity of Orphion, but that would be nitpicking. Would be great to see some flutes or other wind instruments next update. All-in-all, one of the best iPad apps I ever played. Congrats, mr. Rudess. You ARE a wizard.
2016/06/08 21:47:27
Zo
Wifi or usb ? That is the dpc latency question ;)
2016/06/08 21:55:41
Fleer
If you're on El Capitan you can even feed directly into Logic thru usb.
2016/06/08 22:22:20
Anderton
But it's also a complete instrument unto itself, you can simply route the audio output into an audio interface or amplifier.

By the way I neglected to mention that to post in the thread, you'll need to register on Harmony Central. It requires an email address so we can verify the registration is real, but it is not shared with any third parties. I'll go back and add this to my initial post.

Feel free to PM me and ask for a code. We have some left...
2016/06/08 22:27:24
Fleer
It's worth it, guys. This is one of the best apps I ever used on an iPad.
And it's the first time I felt that this cold slab of glass can really be an original instrument on its own, instead of a merely mimicking gimmick.
Moreover, it even works on my old 16GB iPad 2.
2016/06/09 10:02:56
kennywtelejazz
Wow , that GeoShred app is sounding totally amazing .
After seeing and hearing it , I locked my gaze on my guitars headstock and asked my guitar why cant you sound like that ?
Now I wish I had an I Pad ....gee thanks ...lol
All is OK , after that vid I listened to the Jordan Rudess version of Tarkus
Whew, now were talking . Excellent version of Tarkus with a capitol E ...

Kenny

2016/06/09 14:15:02
thepianist65
Just got this, too, and spent a little bit of time messing around with it. Agree that it is unique and has lots of possibilities. Also has IAA and Audiobus support, and I fired up a cubasis project and played along with it a bit. Was interesting, for sure.  Haven't yet really explored all the possibilities, nor have I tried all the modes yet, but I'm happy to discover something new like this. 
2017/10/22 10:49:00
dodeemad
I hope I can get a chance to get this amazing APP to try it please and experience how it work.

Thanks and best regards
Emad
2017/10/22 11:21:13
ZincTrumpet
That's a great deal. I've had the app since it's opening offer (15 pounds) so to get it for free is fantastic.
It's had an excellent update recently too with some more ethnic sounds and other stuff.

Here's thesoundtestroom's (Doug's) review of the update ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5F-ndTpu1A 
and one he made more recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFaGNKmWI8o&t=560s 

Also a track using Geoshred made by Jordan Rudess (and check out the skill of Mohini Dey too) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3YKJEY1ODk 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account