2012/08/24 09:25:40
BMOG
I am using Sonar 8.5.3 and X1 but I just purchased X1 and I am disappointed greatly at this point!!  I was looking for so much more than 8.5.3  but not so much.  I am using both on Windows 7 64 bit PC
scook

I have never used the SI stuff. I will have to load it up and see what is going on. FWIW, I prefer to work with unprocessed drums and add my own compression, eq etc., so the fact that the original sound may not be very full does not bother me.
I will take a look at SI now though.

edit: OK just took a quick glance at SI-Drums. It has reverb and compression built into it. That is what you know own using SD3. You need to process the drums yourself. The advantage (or disadvantage depending on your point of view) is that you can process each part of the kit individually. I now understand why you preferred the sound of SI-Drums over SD3. The kits in SD3 should be better than SI-Drum but you need to do more work to get the sound you are looking for. What version of SONAR are you working with?

2012/08/24 09:32:08
scook
Sorry to here that you are disappointed with the future of SONAR. You have plenty tools at your disposal, check out the drum production videos http://www.cakewalk.com/C...NARU.aspx/Master-Class . These willl get you started down the road of making SD3 work for you.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account