• Software
  • MIDI Software Patchbay? (p.2)
2016/04/18 12:59:18
rsinger
soens
You are absolutely right about ClockWorks. BUT the micro lite & midi express 128 cannot use it, and there is no way to program, set, rout, or otherwise, the ins & outs of these 2 units without software. Soundigy software allows me to do this which means MOTU is purposely crippling these units for no reason. Thus my frustration.

You still seem to misunderstand. Think of a hardware synthesizer that has a software interface that allows you to program it. If someone did not have the hardware then ran the user interface to program these - nothing would happen because the oscillators, filters & amps are in the HW not in the SW; the SW is just used to program the HW. This is what the ClockWorks SW is - it is used to program HW and the micro lite and express 128 don't have the routing circuitry in them, they are midi intrerfaces. ClockWorks is not the same as Soundigy software. 
2016/04/18 19:23:30
soens
Thanks, I figured as much. I will probably just upgrade to a Micro Express.
2016/04/23 15:20:51
yorolpal
Hey Soens,  I've got a micro express lying around due for an Ebay sale.  If you're interested PM me and I'll give you the "forum buddy" discount.
2017/02/21 10:44:03
Soundigy
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that the (both Standard and Extended) was updated with the following:
- no more app crashing (happened in the Map MIDI window when MIDI activity occured)
- more friendly Patches names added (with ability to set custom names).

If you have any requests/ideas, I would be more than happy to add them to the free version of the app!

Cheers,
Peter
2017/02/21 18:42:48
soens
Hey thanks for that Peter, and welcome to "Sonar"! Will be checking it out.

The crashing fix sounds GREAT! The only request I have would be to make the Patch Names bigger. They're too small to see as is especially as screen resolutions get bigger.
2017/02/22 04:36:31
Soundigy
Hey,

I just amended this and updated the installers (at least for the Standard version). Hope it's more acceptable right now. 

2017/02/22 08:33:52
soens
Thanks. The larger menu text is great but the button labels (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) are a strain to see also @1920x1080 & above.... or maybe I'm getting too old but if the font size was bigger or changeable that would be excellent.
2017/02/22 08:49:49
Soundigy
I completely understand your concern... Thing is there is not that much space above each button, so larger font = less characters. I added an ability to resize the whole app window to the Extended version, will have to do the same for the standard one as well. I could also enlarge the whole interface, but then people with not that wide screen would experience window cropping etc. What do you think? I appreciate your comments!

Peter
2017/02/22 09:23:29
soens
True. Some options could be:

1. Make font 1 size bigger
2. Make the whole GUI scaleable (resizeable)
3. Make a Tooltip type label when hovering the mouse over a button

Or I can live with it as-is.
2017/02/22 11:39:00
Soundigy
OK, as a quick update:
- GUI bigger in size
- because of the above -> font size for labels increased from 5pt to 7pt
- tooltips on buttons and labels added, showing label's contents

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account