• Software
  • Anderton is leaving apparently (p.2)
2017/10/18 17:59:11
bapu
Agree with Grem about agreeing with Dave.
2017/10/18 18:14:56
BobF
I'll be keeping my other DAW software up to date for another year to see how things go.
2017/10/18 18:19:32
bapu
BobF
I'll be keeping my other DAW software up to date for another year to see how things go.

I'd rather keep an eye on the support forum of my other DAW software to see how things are.

First world problem: Post Count 
2017/10/18 18:24:50
Grem
I was thinking while I was reading (well skimming through) that thread that if CW stopped support today, I could still gone on for years and never outgrow what I have now.
2017/10/18 18:32:42
bapu
Grem
I was thinking while I was reading (well skimming through) that thread that if CW stopped support today, I could still gone on for years and never outgrow what I have now.

Zacto. The same would be true for Studio One Pro, Reaper 5.x and Mixbus/Mixbus32c V4.

Each of those (and SONAR) would have to fall well behind the hardware curve before they would become utterly unusable.

#usewhatyouhave

2017/10/18 18:54:08
Jesse G
KingsMix
He says in the "SONAR" forum thread, that he was fired.

There was no mention from Mr. Anderton of being fired, he's leaving to continue to peruse his own ventures.

Lies are what makes this word such a terrible place.
2017/10/18 18:54:39
bapu
The inmates are running the asylum now.
2017/10/18 19:04:13
BobF
Jesse G
KingsMix

There was no mention from Mr. Anderton of being fired, he's leaving to continue to peruse his own ventures.

Check again.  He makes a clarifying, unambiguous statement that he was in fact fired.
2017/10/18 19:08:21
bapu
BobF
Jesse G
KingsMix

Check again.  He makes a clarifying, unambiguous statement that he was in fact fired.

ON page 3 or 4 IIRC.
2017/10/18 19:12:09
dubdisciple
bitflipper
Craig's not leaving. He's just not going to be collecting a paycheck from Gibson anymore. He's been a freelance writer for his entire adult life. As someone who's also been self-employed for a very long time, I am not at all surprised that being someone's employee wasn't a comfortable fit. If I did that it would only be for the health insurance, but like me Craig's old enough to be on Medicare so that's no longer a factor.

All this means is he won't post as often or feel obligated to maintain the tips thread. But he is a longtime SONAR user and was a forum contributor long before he went to work for Gibson.

This. Gibson's loss but I am just grateful for all he has contributed thus far. If he never postef again I would still appreciate him. I'm sure he still will contribute.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account