• Software
  • Anderton is leaving apparently (p.4)
2017/10/19 04:49:30
Grem
S.L.I.P.
Grem
I was thinking while I was reading (well skimming through) that thread that if CW stopped support today, I could still gone on for years and never outgrow what I have now.

Until Windows creates an update that makes Sonar unusable. 

I have Win10 Pro. I can keep the updates from happening till I am ready. At least for a few months. I forget how long it can go.

However, I can keep the updates off permanently if I want. Just unplug the WiFi! : )

It's really a choice we all can make if we just want to do it. Just keep the system as it is today. I have Win 10 installed on my music PC and I don't sign into my windows account on it. Don't want it to sync with my home PC.
2017/10/19 04:58:40
kitekrazy1
Grem
I was thinking while I was reading (well skimming through) that thread that if CW stopped support today, I could still gone on for years and never outgrow what I have now.

The same with Acid Pro.  Despite being 32 bit I may do a project in it.
2017/10/19 04:59:46
kitekrazy1
KingsMix
He says in the "SONAR" forum thread, that he was fired.
Hmmmm.....this thing can go either way at this point.
I kind of smell a total overhaul coming to the SONAR brand and product. 
Hoping for the best.

Craig was a humongous contributor to the brand (SONAR) and the forum.

I didn't see that and I doubt it.

2017/10/19 05:02:14
Grem
kitekrazy1

The same with Acid Pro.  Despite being 32 bit I may do a project in it.

I still have and use Cool Edit 2K! I also have the last version of Audition that Adobe put out prior to going subscription. But I still rather use CE2K. 
2017/10/19 05:03:04
Grem
kitekrazy1
KingsMix
He says in the "SONAR" forum thread, that he was fired.
Hmmmm.....this thing can go either way at this point.
I kind of smell a total overhaul coming to the SONAR brand and product. 
Hoping for the best.

Craig was a humongous contributor to the brand (SONAR) and the forum.

I didn't see that and I doubt it.

Agreed.
2017/10/19 05:33:49
metz
If theyre fireing Craig Im sure more bad things are coming.
2017/10/19 13:26:25
SmokeyJ628
To be clear, the fact that he was fired is a fact.  There's a link in this very thread (previous page) to the post where he says it.

Here's the quote:

"Well to be clear it wasn't my decision, I was fired but frankly, it felt more like I was graduating. It's time to move to another level that would not have been possible had I remained part of Gibson. It will be interesting to see what's in store. I know the music industry will be happy to have access to me again. I also hope to continue consulting to Gibson,  there are great people there making some truly wonderful products. Consulting to Gibson is how I got involved with the company in the first place."
2017/10/19 13:38:11
bitflipper
I'd only be concerned if he'd used the term "laid off". Been there, and I know what that means. It means dump your Gibson stock, quick. I still have a stack of worthless paper that represents the mortal remains of the last company I worked for.
2017/10/19 13:38:33
Mesh
I just can't imagine why Gibson would want to fire someone as valuable as Craig.....I would've thought he'd be on the priority list as a "keeper".
2017/10/19 13:59:23
BassDaddy
He writes for a living and he uses Sonar. We will hear from him.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account