• Software
  • Anderton is leaving apparently (p.6)
2017/10/20 23:54:29
abacab
I hate to speculate, but this sounds like Gibson may be in deep $hit now.  Why else would they want to cut Craig loose?

If Gibson ends up in the hands of it's creditors, the kids may be farmed out to foster parents...
2017/10/21 00:22:37
Anderton
cclarry
That's who I was speaking of...not Cakewalk, but, in 
his capacity at Gibson, who owns Cakewalk, he worked
primarily as a Cakewalk representative

Actually that is not at all true. I did a lot of CW stuff on weekends and evenings...kind of a hobby.

I fulfilled many tasks at Gibson...

• Lots of videos for KRK, including the marquee one on the V-Series speakers.
  • Ad copy for KRK and Cerwin-Vega, as well as Cerwin-Vega videos for the P-series speakers.
  • Representing Gibson on various industry executive boards.
  • Was heavily involved in four mergers and acquisitions, including Cakewalk.
  • The sample library that's being shipped with 2017.10...I put together that deal.
  • Assisted Henry in some negotiations with the Chinese government re manufacturing facilities.
  • Helped bring Harmony Central back from the dead after GC almost killed it. It's grown 29% over last year, the newsletter has gone from 24,000 to 91,000 opt-in subscribers, and the site manages over $40K of digital advertising.
  • I developed the transient suppressor circuit for the Les Paul Standard, and the switchable wiring in the control cavity was my idea.
  • I assigned two patents to Gibson, one with telecommunications applications.
  • Wrote press releases, and a lot of content about the guitars.
  • Did owner's manuals for the automatic tuning.
  • Provided the sales people with key selling points for various products.
  • Put together the slide shows that looped in the background at trade shows.

That's the tip of the iceberg, but you get the idea. I also worked on licensing and ran Entertainment Relations for six months. 

So basically you can think of what I did as being the corporate equivalent of a utility infielder. I was stretched pretty thin. Gibson wants to get a full-time infield, which makes me more or less superfluous.

There are no hard feelings, I'm on the top of the list of people they'd like to re-hire someday in a different capacity, and there's already talk of my doing some consulting.
2017/10/21 00:40:54
cclarry
My mistake.  I thought you served in some capacity as a 
Cakewalk Rep...sorry
2017/10/21 00:41:47
Fleer
The dude abides.
2017/10/21 00:50:39
abacab
Yup, Craig is most certainly "The Dude"!!!
2017/10/21 03:23:48
Grem
I just never could understand where he got all the time to do all what he did for us here on the forum, and do his music gig too!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account