2017/10/20 03:32:48
Grem
Can someone tell me why ST3 is not showing the instruments in a new install?

I have ST3 pointing to the same place as my other two computers, (Sample Drive/Programs/IK/SampleTank) yet no matter what I do they just will not show up in ST3.
2017/10/20 03:39:25
Have tried telling it to rebuild?, it usually does it automatically when you install a new set, and I guess on a new install.
2017/10/20 05:33:38
Grem
Matron Landslide

Have tried telling it to rebuild?

Not seeing a place to tell it to "Rebuild"

Best as I can see is that when I change where it looks for stuff and I hit close it goes through a quick 'Rebuilding Library'.

I thought that there may be some kind of quirk everybody but knows about that's why I came here instead of the IK forum. Cause I looked there and best advice over there is run updated instrument file and if that don't work , here is supports number! So I came here hoping someone would know something. 
2017/10/20 05:41:03
I think it's that 'refresh' looking thingy beside the search button about 2/3rds the way down on the left, it usually does it automatically on start if you installed a new instrument or on first start after install, I only once done it manually by accident and not 100% certain what I did.
2017/10/20 05:50:26
It's a long time since I installed ST, so can't remember the install process, and I've never had an issue with it really, but is your directory structure correct? The following is what mine looks like in the install folder

2017/10/20 09:38:56
ZincTrumpet
Grem,

I have arrowed the refresh/rebuild button in the screenshot below but I have found the same as Matron Landslide that ST3 will refresh automatically after installing a new instrument for example.

When you hit the browse button (as shown below on the settings dialog) does the disk path open in the correct place and show the structure as per Matron Landslide's post (mine is very similar to his btw)?

2017/10/20 09:47:03
Grem
Thanks Zinc, I thought that was an undo button!! I pressed every button but that one!!

On my way home and can't look right now. Will check at that time.
2017/10/20 11:29:27
Grem
OK, how will I explain this? Hummmm!

After looking at Matron's folder contents I realized I didn't have a 'Library Info' folder in my ST3 directory.

Sooo.......

Just by chance I was looking around on my C: drive and in C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3 there was all the same folders in that directory, including the 'Library Info' folder, (don't ask, I have no idea how this directory got created) that are in Matron's folder pic.

So I directed ST3 to look there thinking somehow things got moved? But it was a no go. It did the same thing it was doing before. No Instruments and Multis shopwing up.

So I copied the 'Library Info' folder from that location to the ST3 folder I installed on the sample drive, the same directory that I have been pointing ST3 to and low and behold, it's is now going through that long a$$ed process of building a library.

And now it is working! As far as I can tell. I have not tried everything. Only time will tell here.

WT?

When I get time I will have uninstall and clean out all remnants of ST3 and re-install. Something went wrong. I have no idea what or how for that matter.

Thank you gentlemen for your assistance. It's greatly appreciated. 
2017/10/20 15:20:43
ZincTrumpet
That does sound a bit odd, but glad you got it working Grem. 

Cheers
ZT
2017/10/20 15:24:22
BassDaddy
As you said, the "long a$$ed process of building..." should mean , eventual, success. I may have had something put the samples on the C drive once and it caused a problem. SampleTank can get messed up once in a while but it can be fixed pretty easy. Maintaining your composure during repeated rebuilding can be the hardest part. For me anyway.   
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account