• Software
  • Synthmaster update - Wavetables added
2017/10/21 14:15:35
Chandler
Synthmaster will soon be updated to 2.9 and with it comes the ability to play wavetables. The alpha is available now and the developer said the beta will be available next week. Here is a short video showing how it works.

I think with this Synthmaster has become a viable alternative to Serum.
2017/10/21 14:39:05
Fleer
Yeah baby!
2017/10/21 17:30:07
bitflipper
That's why I bought Synthmaster, despite doubting at the time whether I really needed another synth. But I saw how far it had already come from its initial release and figured that to remain competitive in a crowed market he'd likely continue on that trajectory. That turned out to be a good bet.

It already rivals my top-drawer synth, Zebra, in functionality and versatility (although to be fair Zebra's pretty long in the tooth now and I fully expect Zebra 3 to cement its top position).

BTW, everybody should also check out Chandler's tutorial on creating wavetables. (Time to update that one, eh? You could correct the word "oskillator" ;)

2017/10/21 18:44:26
Fleer
Got me some oskillators once, in the Carpathian mountains. Cheeky little fellows. Never seemed to be able to get rid of them. Been following me ever since. Down, boy, down.
2017/10/21 23:25:17
Zo
Dope , higly no gimmick underrated beast ...
2017/10/21 23:25:21
Zo
2017/10/22 01:06:23
TheSteven
Chandler
Synthmaster will soon be updated to 2.9 and with it comes the ability to play wavetables. The alpha is available now and the developer said the beta will be available next week. Here is a short video showing how it works.

I think with this Synthmaster has become a viable alternative to Serum.

>ability to play wavetables
Woot!
2017/10/22 02:26:27
Chandler
bitflipper
That's why I bought Synthmaster, despite doubting at the time whether I really needed another synth. But I saw how far it had already come from its initial release and figured that to remain competitive in a crowed market he'd likely continue on that trajectory. That turned out to be a good bet.

It already rivals my top-drawer synth, Zebra, in functionality and versatility (although to be fair Zebra's pretty long in the tooth now and I fully expect Zebra 3 to cement its top position).

BTW, everybody should also check out Chandler's tutorial on creating wavetables. (Time to update that one, eh? You could correct the word "oskillator" ;)

Thanks. Apparently there is some new free software that was just released that lets you make wavetables, so if I test it and it works perhaps I'll do a video for it. I'll try to be careful about my pronunciation of oscillators this time. I messed that up in 2 videos I believe, but the ones before it and after it I pronounce it correctly I think.

Anyway, with this I think SM has become a synth everyone should own. When its on sale its under a $100 and there isn't much it can't do. On top of that it sounds good.
2017/10/22 08:20:20
ZincTrumpet
Cool, thanks Bit and Chandler - love your vids so will be looking forward to the new one if the free software is up to the job  
2017/10/22 12:17:28
Nino Vargas
Zo

Hello Zoheir  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account