2012/08/17 11:28:02
Lech70
Hey,
I want to get started out on the synth and wanted to know what everyone thought of this one for a beginner. I'm a quick learner, but at the moment I am at square one, so do you think the Z3TA would be okay for me? From what I've read people seem to think it's the best one out there, and for the price seems very reasonable.
Thanks
2012/08/17 12:00:02
Mesh
Z3ta+2 is a fantastic synth (I've had it since it's earlier version) and is a "phat" synth with lots of (fairly easy) tweaking capabilities. I believe you can use this as an Fx as well (at least the older version you could).

It's all subjective in regards to the "best synth" as it all depends on what YOU want out of it. About it being "okay for you", again only YOU could answer that, but I do highly recommend it. 

Check out some Youtube video's and see it in action (if you haven't done so). 

Good luck!!  
2012/08/17 12:12:00
Linear Phase
Its one of the few vst's that could be considered, "legendary."  I have/love it.  Its easy to learn, hard to master...  like any musical instrument imo...
2012/08/17 14:36:41
AT
Z3TA is a good synth but not the first one I propose to learn synthesis on.  Something simpler, even Rapture or better yet an analog faceplate model would probably make more sense for establishing routing etc.  That opinion shouldn't stop you, just realize that you will have to work harder to figure out what exactly is changing the sound.

@
2012/08/17 17:54:12
Teksonik
Rapture easier than Z3ta+2 ????
2012/08/18 14:37:10
Rain
If you really are at square one and really want to learn, I'd suggest something simpler to get you started, like the free Triangle and investing some of that money you're willing to spend into the excellent Cakewalk Synthesizers book, by Simon Cann.

http://www.amazon.com/Cak...ts-Power/dp/1598633147

Zeta is an incredible synth, but it goes deep.

2012/08/18 14:53:07
mumpcake
For me Rapture is easier than Z3ta+. Z3ta+ is powerful, but the mod matrix is not that intuitive.
2012/08/18 16:01:52
AT
I'm w/ Mump.  Z3TA+2 has a lot of "different" parameters - the waveshaping, for example, and the variable mod matrix.     I took to Rapture - and Dimension before that - without much trouble.  That was after Z3TA, so maybe that helped.

@
2012/08/18 18:48:17
Teksonik
Rapture has 7 Multi-Breakpoint Envelopes, Two Filters, a Step Module, Inset Effect and SFZ import for each element. It's considerably more complex than Z3ta+2 but of course you can start with a single Saw wave in each one and work from there so both can be as simple as you want........
2012/08/19 04:25:03
Linear Phase
Rapture has a mod matrix too..  check these, "buttons."  I'm with Teksonik, I find Rapture to be a bit more advanced than Z3ta..  However, to me, the main difference between the two are, "dirt and digital, digital dirt, and pristine sound accuracy."  At least that is how I see it..

I have both, love both.  My two favorite synths!!

Oh..  And I think its worth a mention..  I finally have Rapture 1.2.2 installed satisfactorily..  not great.  but satisfactorily.  

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account