2011/01/02 20:46:49
mleghorn
When I try to insert the Triangle II soft synth into my Sonar X1 project, I get this error message:  "failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed". Any suggestions?

Thanks!     
2011/01/03 00:54:16
Mesh
Are you seeing this VST in Plugin Mgr.? Re-scan & check in Plugin Mgr. to make sure you see it as a VST.....if you do see it, then add it to the softsynth folder & save it. (What steps have you taken in installing this?) 
2011/01/03 08:12:05
techead
What version of Windows?  32bit or 64bit?
2011/01/03 11:57:10
mleghorn
Mesh

Are you seeing this VST in Plugin Mgr.? Re-scan & check in Plugin Mgr. to make sure you see it as a VST.....if you do see it, then add it to the softsynth folder & save it. (What steps have you taken in installing this?) 

I downloaded Triangle II from http://www.cakewalk.com/P..cts/rgcaudio/T2111.exe, and ran it to install it. Then I went into X1 and rescanned VSTs, and it showed up in my synth plugins. Then I tried to insert it as a simple instrument track. That's when I got the error message. 
2011/01/03 22:04:44
mleghorn
techead

What version of Windows?  32bit or 64bit?
64-bit / Windows 7

2011/01/06 20:24:12
mleghorn
Update: I just took the dll, without installing it, and put it in my VSTs folder, and rescanned VSTs. Then Triangle II showed up in my instruments. I was able to create a simple instrument track for it, but....

All other instrument tracks got mysteriously routed to the Triangle track. Things went downhill from there, e.g. X1 stopped outputting any audio, etc...

I'm about to give up on Triangle II, unless someone can explain how I can get it running in X1.

Even though I have a large arsenal of synths, including Rapture, z3ta, Pentagon, Zebra, Ace, I still miss having Triangle. It's unique.
2011/01/07 03:54:22
thomasabarnes
What works for some, is to run SONAR as an administrator, by right clicking on the SONAR X1 icon on the desktop and selecting run as administartor.
2011/01/08 11:25:35
mleghorn
thomasabarnes

What works for some, is to run SONAR as an administrator, by right clicking on the SONAR X1 icon on the desktop and selecting run as administartor.

Thanks, I tried that. Still no go.
2011/01/08 12:11:50
AT
Try downloading the file again.  Maybe something got fudged up there.
2011/01/08 18:45:05
thomasabarnes
I just downloaded Triangle II from here: http://www.cakewalk.com/products/triangle/Default.asp

I installed the VSTi version in SONAR X1 Producer, and it's working fine.

As AT stated, maybe you got a corrupted copy. Try downloading from the link I posted, uninstall any old versions, install the copy from the link above, and see how it goes.

By the way, I didn't catch what operatibg system you are using. Do you have User Account Control on? If you do, try turning it off, restarting the computer, uninstalling old, re-installing the VSTi version from link above, and try running it again in X1.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account