2012/07/16 12:32:27
stamkorg
Hello, I use Dimension pro. Some sounds (trumpet, sax) cut after a few seconds. Does anybody know why? Is there a trick or tip to avoid that? Thanks in advance, SK
2012/07/16 12:44:26
Linear Phase
What do you men by some sounds cut?   Trumpet, Sax..  Those are not the type of things that I would expect to have an infinite sustain.

Only thing I've looked at though, as far as DIM Pro goes, are the real basses..  So.. If you can list a name of a patch, or something..  So other users can take a look, perhaps we could tell you why those sounds are being, "cut."
2012/07/16 12:50:29
stamkorg
Thank you for the answer, For example, all the brasses (14-) and saxes (15-) cut after 4 or 5 seconds
2012/07/16 13:06:09
AT
Dimension runs out of breathe?
2012/07/16 13:56:30
stamkorg
  Sorry for my bad english. I am not shure to understand what you mean. The fact is that after 4-5 second, the sound stops. I agree that you don't need a very great sustain for these sounds but you should be able to play a note at least 10 seconds.
2012/07/16 15:44:46
AT
Stamkorg,

I was just being funny.  I haven't been able to check those patches since the plumber is here tearing things up.  But if the sustain doesn't work w/ the patches it is probably due to SFZ formatting.  You can try to open them in notepad and see about legnthing them.

@
2012/07/16 20:33:10
Linear Phase
Hi Stamkorg, 

I have had a chance to look at the presets.  Here are the answers to your questions.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope that helps, cheers
2012/07/16 20:41:07
Linear Phase
Btw, I just listened to the sound, and decided what you must be asking about, is the RELEASE part of the ADSR.

https://www.box.com/s/25877d4f72337c5337c0

That is a preset, of the same trumpet from the photo above, but it has a longer release.  All I did was tug the release out a bit.  Maybe you can, "reverse engineer," it..  very simple

Cheers
2012/07/18 03:41:00
stamkorg
Hello,
I tried the preset you sent but it does not resolve the problem. The sounds cut after a few seconds.
In fact I think this problem has nothing to do with the release. The release is the time for the sound to shut down after you let the key off.
I think it is a sustain problem but even by twiking the ADSR enveloppe, I am not able to increase the sustain. I think it is well a bug.
Strange thing is that this problem don't appear on the trumpet in the Garritan set.
2012/07/18 05:15:16
Linear Phase
If the sound is dropping, something else is going on...  But what?  For us to figure out, we need a lot more information.. It could also be that AT is correct, and something is messy in the SFZ File...

Otherwise, its just a guess...   

Seriously..  If you think it is a bug.. Type out your entire system spec.  DAW? Audio card?  Driver?  Computer type..  OS..   Version RAM?  Getting audio drop out messages?  Latency settings..  Is this the only vst in the project?  Etc, etc, etc...

If that sound is not sustaining, than you need to provide a lot of information, for us to begin to help you.  And I'd like to try to help you..  

He could be very right!

AT

But if the sustain doesn't work w/ the patches it is probably due to SFZ formatting.  You can try to open them in notepad and          see          about legnthing them.      

Cheers

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account