2012/07/18 11:00:30
b rock
From The Creator:

You can't extend samples using EGs. You can extend how long they play once you release the key, or cut those to an 'early' point, but you cannot 'create' new information in samples, assuming they are unlooped.

Several samples in Dimension Pro (sax samples, for instance), are unlooped. they last as long as the real sax player could resist breathing and keeping the pitch on a note. This gives you long samples, which make a lot for increased realism. As the wave files are external, it is still possible to create a looped version of any instrument, using a wave editor and... patience.

The maximum amount of time you'll ever get out of a core sample is the length of the sample itself.  This is an audio (.wav) 'issue', not an .sfz problem or MIDI workaround.

That said, if you use Sound Forge, and would like some guidance in setting up loop points (within the samples themselves), I can help you to slog through the process.  Dimension Pro will 'honor' those loop points, unless overridden by another parameter.
2012/07/18 11:52:02
AT
Tom,

good to see you are still around.  I vaguely remembered the link, but not the substance (I've got a sax player if needed).

You still follow the Heat?  Nice to see the Mavs took them.  If I knew you were still around I would have made a few comments back then. ;-)  The Heat got back tho, didn't they, while the Mavs ...

take care w/ them gators.

@

tho they got back
2012/07/19 07:43:48
stamkorg
b rock

From The Creator:

You can't extend samples using EGs. You can extend how long they play once you release the key, or cut those to an 'early' point, but you cannot 'create' new information in samples, assuming they are unlooped.

Several samples in Dimension Pro (sax samples, for instance), are unlooped. they last as long as the real sax player could resist breathing and keeping the pitch on a note. This gives you long samples, which make a lot for increased realism. As the wave files are external, it is still possible to create a looped version of any instrument, using a wave editor and... patience.

The maximum amount of time you'll ever get out of a core sample is the length of the sample itself.  This is an audio (.wav) 'issue', not an .sfz problem or MIDI workaround.

That said, if you use Sound Forge, and would like some guidance in setting up loop points (within the samples themselves), I can help you to slog through the process.  Dimension Pro will 'honor' those loop points, unless overridden by another parameter.

Thank you for this information.
Now I understand that DImension Pro runs like it should.
The question now is why Cakewalk did that choice to use unlooped sample for these sounds?? Strange
2012/07/19 10:28:27
AT
Because the sampler and sample is trying to mimic the real thing.
2012/07/19 12:59:50
stamkorg
Ok, I understand that. But it is the first time I see that for that kind of sounds
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account