2015/02/18 22:04:54
Unknowen
An "easy to use" Ducking side chain plugin or a Ducking FX chain would be cool. 
I tried to use Waves Vocal rider once but waves has no side chain mode in Sonar to implement ducking. 
I can set it up with Alloy but its a pain and I can't seem to find anything on the market.

peace!
2015/02/18 22:23:26
scook
Starting with X3, Waves sidechain is supported because SONAR implemented VST3. SONAR Platinum also bundles the the sidechain capable PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor, Sonitus Compressor and Gate. Check out the video SONAR: Go Deeper - ProChannel Sidechaining. FWIW, the Sonitus Compressor and Gate have supported sidechaining since SONAR 7. Here is the knowledge base article about it.
2015/02/18 23:26:47
Unknowen
Thanks for the info scook...
I'm more less asking for something that is setup for ducking as apposed to a technique that I can't get my artist's head around, so if there was a tool to just pluged in.

I have tried the Sonitus compressor for ducking as well, I don't get it.
I can at least see what's going on in Alloy but it's still a pain to use.
It all still just racks my head...  ha!

and ya, I still don't see where the waves side chain feature is accessible in Platinum, could just be me. lol!

I will have to revisits this in Platinum now with your advice but it would be nice to have something simpler. :) just sayin

peace
2015/02/18 23:53:15
scook
Waves support seems pretty good from what I have read maybe they can give you a road map on setting up the plug-in. I do know Waves sidechain only works with the VST3 version of their plug-ins and mixing VST2 and VST3 versions of their products in the same project is a problem.

When it comes to ducking, this might be more a matter of learning the process like any production technique. I don't know how much more intelligent it can be.

Consider posting in the Techniques forum for info on how to use sidechain enabled plug-ins (and Waves Vocal Rider specifically) for ducking.
2015/02/20 03:10:51
Unknowen
Thanks for the help :)
2015/02/20 17:41:05
tlw
For really simple basic rythm-based time-synced ducking (e.g. ducking a bass in beats one and three to unmask the kick) take a look at Wave's One-Knob Ducker. A very simple plugin that works very well, and no need for side-chaining or doing anything other than turning the knob until you get the effect you want.
2015/02/20 17:47:01
Unknowen
tlw
 Wave's One-Knob Ducker.

Wow! I have always ignored the Big-Knobs... thanks!

update:
Well that's the one knob pumper, I have that one.... looks nice for beat ducking. its a good start! thanks!  

Still need to find the side chain feature on the waves plug-ins....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account