2015/01/28 17:17:55
bapu
OK, so tell me I don't need 1500+ VST/VSTis. But the fact is I do and I would like to know which projects use which VST/VSTis.

Example: I have at least 8 drum VSTis. How do I know which projects are using (say) Addictive Drums 1 without searching my multitude of projects?

Bitflipper started something like this a while ago but IIRC he ran into issues.

I would like to see CW produce something like this since:

A. They know what all my VST/VSTis are (based on VST scan).
B. They would know how to read a project file and see what is uses.

Not a sexy feature but it sure would be helpful if I decided to deprecate a product.
2015/01/28 17:29:01
swamptooth
That would be pretty cool!
2015/01/28 17:32:57
bapu
swamptooth
That would be pretty cool!

So click on the thumbs up?
2015/01/28 18:41:00
swamptooth
Oh neat!  Didn't see those - I usually log in from my phone.  Don't even see people's sigs.
2015/01/29 10:35:54
Magic Russ
This would be pretty cool.  Another thing that would be cool is if it were smart enough to update old plugins.

For example, if you had an old file which used Kontakt 3, and you uninstalled that in favor of Kontakt 5, it would be smart enough to replace the plugin with Kontakt 5.  Of course for this to be really useful it would need to try to load the new version with similar settings as the old.
2015/01/29 11:04:10
bapu
Magic Russ,

My ides is that you would use this type of report BEFORE you uninstall a plug/instrument and manually make that transition. I don't want CW to be messing with my settings.
2015/01/30 19:16:55
ampfixer
It certainly would help when you want to explore old files. It would also help when you get things like the CA effect loops. I fired up the amp sims and thought they were naff. Until I found out that they need TH2 and I installed it. Much better now. I don't like to have stuff installed that I never use but it would be great to be told when I need it.
2015/01/31 11:57:53
jm24
I had need of finding projects that had a particular words in the track titles.
I set the windows search to index properties and file contents.
Just tried it with Content: sonitus, rig, span, boost, z3ta.  (one word at a time)

To be sure it was not just finding track names, I just created a new project, added z3ta, changed the track names to not include z3ta, saved and the file manager immediately listed it in the found window.  

Until the CW dudes add such summary info about projects this may help.

Most all files are indexed for at least basic properties. And I know for some having the windows indexer running is bad bad.   But I use it for all kinds of stuff for writing stories and lyrics using word and excel.

2015/01/31 12:00:48
jm24
Expanding beyond vsts will be good. A general project search function with choices for search categories.
2015/01/31 13:13:56
stickman393
bapu
I would like to know which projects use which VST/VSTis.

Not meaning to denegrate the feature request, but you might find this interesting:
Listing VST plugins used in a SONAR project
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account