• Software
  • Kontakt updated to 5.7.0 (p.2)
2017/09/20 02:50:38
Magic Russ
cclarry
ADDED There are now three new guitar amplifier models available: AC Box, Hot Solo and Van 51
ADDED There are now two new distortion effects available: Cat and DStortion

Any guesses as to what their next library will be?
2017/09/20 02:50:41
Magic Russ
cclarry
CHANGED The Add Library button has now been renamed to Manage Library

For those hoping that this means you can manage your libraries by grouping them into subdirectories, it doesn't do that.  All this change does is to rename the button.
2017/09/20 13:38:19
Michael A.D.
I had a fiasco the last time I tried updating Kontakt, but it seems the updated Native Access allowed me to upgrade properly this time with no issues.  (And I must admit that I was very reluctant to even try to upgrade.)
2017/09/20 13:51:32
Bajan Blue
I am having a "fiasco" as we speak - upgraded three products, Battery 4, Kontakt and Reaktor player - it upgraded the stand alone versions BUT deleted all the DLL's - contacted NI and they were not helpful, so am having to reload from ISO image i have just downloaded - then once reinstalled shall have to try update again - what a "fiasco" as you rightly say!!!
Nigel

2017/09/20 17:50:38
LAGinz25
Bajan Blue
I am having a "fiasco" as we speak - upgraded three products, Battery 4, Kontakt and Reaktor player - it upgraded the stand alone versions BUT deleted all the DLL's - contacted NI and they were not helpful, so am having to reload from ISO image i have just downloaded - then once reinstalled shall have to try update again - what a "fiasco" as you rightly say!!!
Nigel

I'm having a similar problem. Since 5.6, Native Access has been updating my standalone Kontakt, but not the vstis. I even tried doing a clean install, to no avail. I just opened a support ticket on it today.
2017/09/20 18:02:32
Michael A.D.
Bajan Blue
 it upgraded the stand alone versions BUT deleted all the DLL's -

LAGinz25

I'm having a similar problem. Since 5.6, Native Access has been updating my standalone Kontakt, but not the vstis.

That's what happened to me last time - my 64 bit dll files were gone.  You can check the NI installation log and it will probably show that the upgrade did not include your dll files.  In my case it installed the Pro Tools file (and I don't have Pro Tools).  I had to uninstall Kontakt and re-install it.   You can see why I was reluctant to upgrade this time...
2017/09/20 18:11:52
Bajan Blue
LAGinz25
Ok my work around sort of worked.
After downloading my Kontakt 9 iso file I reinstalled Kontakt and Battery 4 - it of course asked me if I realised I was wanting to install OLDER versions, to which I said yes.
After careful install of particularly the Vst files, I then went to Native Access and it successfully upgraded them to the latest versions.
Reaktor player was not so successful - I downloaded direct from NI, unpacked but it was the full version of Reaktor 6 not the player version - as I have (and am very happy) with Reaktor 5 i gave up, life being too short and all!!
Hope this helps
Nigel

2017/09/21 04:29:00
LAGinz25
Ok, figured it out. Even though for years NI seemed to know, for update purposes, the very standardized Windows location for my vsts, i.e C-Program Files-VstPlugins-, it has now, for some bizarre reason, decided that it should place these updates in their own so-called "default" location. Just weird. Pointed my DAW in the new direction, and all is now well....but I'm irked.
2017/09/21 11:59:41
bitflipper
Years ago I capitulated and started allowing all software to install where it wants to install, and ever since then I have not experienced any of these kinds of issues.

Which would have been a humiliating defeat in my attempts to be the boss of my own computer - had there actually been a downside. But there isn't.
2017/09/23 07:19:23
Dupuy
HI

It seems that the last update (5.7) strongly bugs... with Sonar (Platinium on Win 7 64 bits, for me). All the dll disappear ...  I friendly suggest to the community to wait for some weeks before updating and inform NI to this main trouble !
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account