• Software
  • Kontakt updated to 5.7.0 (p.3)
2017/09/23 07:34:39
LAGinz25
Check to see if those new Dls are in c/Program Files/Native Instruments/64 Bit Vst Plugins
2017/09/23 08:58:05
Dupuy
Thank you LAG... First of all, I reloaded the last update and everything is ok now. I currently am on an urgent job and using Kontakt full time... I'll do the test one more time in few days  following your advise... I hope you'are right...  I hope receive an answer from NI too ! Have a nice day
2017/09/25 00:13:23
S.L.I.P.
I can't believe that Native Instruments keeps updating 5. It's been over 4 years since they have charged be for an upgrade.
2017/09/25 13:25:33
auto_da_fe
Me too Bit.

I capitulated and let all my software decide where to install, and no install issues since.
2017/09/25 14:50:58
BassDaddy
bitflipper
Years ago I capitulated and started allowing all software to install where it wants to install, and ever since then I have not experienced any of these kinds of issues.

Which would have been a humiliating defeat in my attempts to be the boss of my own computer - had there actually been a downside. But there isn't.

This sounds right. I have come to believe my continued rebellion is a left over, "put it to the man" stance that served me (pretty) well in the Windows XP days.
2017/09/25 15:05:10
TerraSin
S.L.I.P.
I can't believe that Native Instruments keeps updating 5. It's been over 4 years since they have charged be for an upgrade.

6 has been in alpha or beta for a couple years now. It's vaguely mentioned by EvilDragon on other forums occasionally but he's not allowed to talk about it because of his NDA. Not sure what's taking so long and that's a bit of a worry. Especially since I don't believe they are rebuilding it from the ground up.
2017/09/27 00:59:41
JohnKenn
Just a reminder for those that want to have a hard copy of the updates.

Old Service Center downloads the updates and keeps them on your system for archiving.

Native Access downloads and deletes the file after the installation so you got nothing (if this is even an issue in this day and age...).

Takes monitoring the download/installation process. After the download is complete, you have a few minutes of time to copy the update to another location that will not be erased.

Don't see any control over where the downloads are placed, but on my system, the downloads are dumped in the user/downloads area.

Reason for needing a copy is so you have a backup. Also if you have multiple computers to update and your provider dings you for excessive bandwidth. Absynth at over 2 GB could alone add extra cash bleed to your monthly bill.

John
2017/09/27 14:04:54
bitflipper
Being unable to back up installation files bothers me. Sure, it's usually not a problem except for the hassle and possible expense of re-downloading. But sometimes it is.

I found this out the hard way when I had to rebuild my DAW from scratch. Not every vendor was able to provide a new installation. At least one had the audacity to want to charge me for it. Some did not keep old versions online, forcing me to purchase the newest version. Many only provide a time-limited download link, and you have to write to them and beg for another. One of them claimed no record of my purchase (it was eventually sorted, though). Another vendor was no longer in business and their website shut down.

So yeh, I feel a lot better when I have backups - on DVD. Because the thieves had also stolen my backup drive, the only products that weren't a problem were the ones I'd backed up to DVDs and stashed in a shoebox. Old school's sometimes best.
2017/09/27 14:54:37
MarioD
bitfilpper, I always have two HD backups, one here and one in my bank's safe deposit box.  You may want to consider this option.
2017/09/27 14:54:40
MarioD
duplicate posting.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account