• Software
  • Kontakt updated to 5.7.0 (p.5)
2017/10/07 02:36:24
Fleer
LOL!
2017/10/11 17:46:14
abacab
Found the secret to Native Access.  In preferences you can set all file paths.  So in theory, if you let this thing do all updates, installs, etc. you should have everything put where you expect.

I just did a little housecleaning with the recent updates, and after a fresh NI install, this house is in order!

2017/10/11 21:05:50
bitflipper
This is only tangentially related, but the previous post reminded me that I'd long ago moved all Kontakt-related data files off the c: drive, and decided to have a look and make sure they're all gone. They weren't.

There were a bunch of leftover installation files there in hidden folders under \users\all users. Not huge files, but irritating when installers don't cleanup after themselves. To locate them, open a DOS window and type in Dir \users\all users\Kontakt* /s

2017/10/11 22:17:58
JohnKenn
Not only in the users folder. I still use a registry cleaner though probably not needed in this day and age. Kontakt leaves literally thousands of dead end entries. Love Kontakt, but the uninstall routine is among the worst out there.

Goes back to the principle that the developer has to put as much quality time into the uninstall as in install, and they don't get paid for us to uninstall a program. If they can abort the executible file and a couple other in your face pieces of residue, they are content to leaving a vast debris field of junk all over the place.

John
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account